Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My latest designs I thought you guys might be interested

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks for sharing this with us. The Tapper jacket looks like a real work-jacket. Now I understand why you need such a heavy sewing machine.
Good luck,
Andy

D

Deleted member 16736

Hi, David. The best jacket pattern you have is one you haven't made yet: the Sunburst jacket. I can't find the image anymore. It had a sunburst pattern on the back. You displayed it on your blog about a year ago. That jacket is worth recreating. Your other styles, frankly, are too eccentric for me. That's a jacket I would buy.

Metatron

One Too Many
Thanks for the update! Your jackets look beautifully made and unique, I think in particular the button-up Heron and Avro 1939 designs look simply breathtaking.

Interesting story about your machinist too. ”Almost everybody I have met in the leather business is missing some part of a finger.” Yikes! I admire the dedication. :eusa_clap

himelator

Vendor
http://www.himelbrothersleather.com/the-secret-plans-to-my-leather-jacket-empire/ Too eccentric...I didnt think that was possible! To be fair some of these jackets are really really rare early jackets...I am going to tweak out that turn of the century work jacket a bit to make it more design friendly...I havent decided how yet. I have more to come 4 more designs...the sunburst is a version of the Avro jacket...i was inspired by earlier canadian moto jackets that invented that design pattern as my company is Canadian themed. I will be making one soon so I will post pics of the jacket with the back pattern when it is completed. I love leather jacket design...I own thousands and I really am on the fringe of what I like so I am ashamed to say more "out there" jackets are coming!

D

Deleted member 16736

David, I appreciate greatly the lengths you go to bring back these vintage designs, and I'm glad somebody is standing up for Canada! When you have done a prototype of your Sunburst Avro, please post it. I am really looking forward to seeing it.

himelator

Vendor
David, I appreciate greatly the lengths you go to bring back these vintage designs, and I'm glad somebody is standing up for Canada! When you have done a prototype of your Sunburst Avro, please post it. I am really looking forward to seeing it.

http://www.himelbrothersleather.com/photo-galleries/?album=1&gallery=16

The jacket is too big for doug he is really a 34 but that is the shell back in black oil tan...
this is the full gallery I have tweeked the design since then...the cuff is tighter and the back is tighter mark the blog I update photos and my projects on there
http://www.himelbrothersleather.com/photo-galleries/?album=1&gallery=16

himelator

Vendor
one more note...I designed the Avro...it is a unique combination of 2 classic jackets...but I have never seen a halfbelt motorcycle jacket quite like that...I canadianized a leathertogs jacket and added the half belts to sweeten it

himelator

Vendor
Hi, David. The best jacket pattern you have is one you haven't made yet: the Sunburst jacket. I can't find the image anymore. It had a sunburst pattern on the back. You displayed it on your blog about a year ago. That jacket is worth recreating. Your other styles, frankly, are too eccentric for me. That's a jacket I would buy.
I just realized that you might be referring to an east west hippy style jacket? It is unclear to me you would have to find the jacket and send me a link from my blog
dh

Edward

Bartender
I love these designs. One day I'd like to get one. The ones that appeal most to me are the 20s style jacket with the little "club" collar, and the Avro belt back motorcycle jacket. Really unique designs that none of the other premium leather jacket companies are producing. I really like the design of the cafe racer style with the very offset zip. Not a jacket that would be practical for me (I don't run a bike, and prefer a jacket I can wear open), but I love seeing something different like that. It would be perfect for somebody with a period bike.

D

Deleted member 16736

I just realized that you might be referring to an east west hippy style jacket? It is unclear to me you would have to find the jacket and send me a link from my blog
dh

David, the jacket was made by Gould and Sons of Spadina. Does that ring any bells? It was on your blog in September judging from the date of my email to you about it.

himelator

Vendor
Joseph gould

David, the jacket was made by Gould and Sons of Spadina. Does that ring any bells? It was on your blog in September judging from the date of my email to you about it.

Ahh...yes the Joseph gould and sons...this was the inspiration for the back of the Avro......I intend one day to revisit new designs such as that one but right now I am swamped with costs. Each new jacket costs quite a lot to develop and I am still working on my retail model. So just keep an eye out and if all goes well I will get to a Gould! lol (btw they were down the street from me as well!)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Speechless......

score-cord-sleeves.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

Ahh...yes the Joseph gould and sons...this was the inspiration for the back of the Avro......I intend one day to revisit new designs such as that one but right now I am swamped with costs. Each new jacket costs quite a lot to develop and I am still working on my retail model. So just keep an eye out and if all goes well I will get to a Gould! lol (btw they were down the street from me as well!)

Could you post a picture so people know what we're talking about? It's a stunner. Thanks.

himelator

Vendor
pics

I will have to dig that out from somewhere I will see if I can find one..(I own about 10 but they are in the vault so to speak)

dh

fishmeok

Vendor
Wow- neat back, bit of an odd design though. Note how the back is one piece with no side panels- the halfbelt is just a square of leather that is sewn on in the middle of the panel- not structural like it is on most half belts. Unless there is a seam hidden under the side tabs?

Cheers
Mark

D

Deleted member 16736

Yes, that's the jacket. Thank you, David. I hope you will consider making it in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk