Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Latest Work of Art

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
IC, the featherweight is only about 60% of the weight of your hat. Your hat started out at 4 oz. featherweight started out at 2.5 oz. I laso have some surpirses ready to unveil soon...gotta do SOMETHING different for the new year..hehehe
I already forget mine is on my head and you are saying you have them even lighter!!:eek:
Not gonna make hats out of all those trees are you?lol
Should we hold off on ordering until you fill us in? :rolleyes:

duggap

Banned
OK Art, come clean. Just what is it you are planning to spring on us unsuspecting hat wearers. I am with Indycop, I need to know before I order. Heck, it would be something if I ordered a plane ole blue hat just to find out you got that purple hat body in.:eek:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
OH MY...

OK, OK , OK...nothing REALLY big, just some tweaking going on here.
First, I now have choices in liners. I can install white both with and without the plastic covering. These you have seen. What you haven't seen as I have only made a couple is both my RED liner ( gold signature) and my BLACK liner ( gold signature) both without the plastic. I had them done in the lightest satin with no piping..just simple rich color. I installed my first black liner night before last and I am really tickled with the results.

NOW, for the bigger news..remember last year when I mentioned that my felter would NOT make the featherweight bodies in pastel colors for me? I have been working on..I mean with him and have accepted part of the processing that he would normally do at the plant so as to avoid his liability. Bottom line? In December I placed an order for 8 pastels and he should start delivering in March or April. If all goes as planned I will have 15 colors in the "Artlite" styles to offer this spring and summer.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
NOW, for the bigger news..remember last year when I mentioned that my felter would NOT make the featherweight bodies in pastel colors for me? I have been working on..I mean with him and have accepted part of the processing that he would normally do at the plant so as to avoid his liability. Bottom line? In December I placed an order for 8 pastels and he should start delivering in March or April. If all goes as planned I will have 15 colors in the "Artlite" styles to offer this spring and summer.

For a second there, I was hoping you were going to say that you talked them into making Cavanagh Edges again.lol

Really cool news, though. Glad you could help them to see the light--light-colored hats, that is!

Brad

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
For a second there, I was hoping you were going to say that you talked them into making Cavanagh Edges again

Boy, don't I wish Brad!!! I've been working on him ever since they did the proto's for you but I cant' get them past the "not at any price" response. He said that "even at $200 per body, it ain't gonna happen"

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
What you haven't seen as I have only made a couple is both my RED liner ( gold signature) and my BLACK liner ( gold signature) both without the plastic. I had them done in the lightest satin with no piping..just simple rich color. I installed my first black liner night before last and I am really tickled with the results.
:eek: [angel] I must have one!!Great, see what you went and did!:D Your'e supposed to be cutting trees, instead you come up with news ways to get me in trouble!:eusa_doh: lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic