My leather jacket database.

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Carlos840, May 14, 2018.

1. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

That's unfair, you strongly dislike Stuart, not LW...

2. Monitor

Monitor

Stu and whoever made my last jacket so that's all of LW. XD But yeah, I love the product still.

Carlos840 likes this.
  3. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

There are many jackets i don't really wear, the Himel is no1 in that club, my Aero bootleggers are worn once or twice a year, i never wear my Schotts, really i usually wear LW or Vanson, to me the other ones are a collection and a way to compare jackets against each other.
    I don't feel the need to sell a jacket just because i don't wear it often, as long as it has some cool feature that i appreciate. I enjoy them for their construction, their leather, their features, not necesserally wearing them.

But i am and have always been a collector, i have collected everything from stamps to rocks, coins to spanners, cards, bass guitars, you name it...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    Spiney, Ayeteael, JMax and 8 others like this.
  4. marker2037

marker2037 Practically Family

Haha, no need to justify the collecting habit as I have that same bone in my body. I mean, I live in the friggin Caribbean for god's sake and I own a collection of leather and cotton jackets meant to be worn in spring, fall, and winter outside of the tropics. But I love doing it all the same.

For me, it started with cards, comics, collectibles and gravitated to motorcycles and now menswear items and bonsai. I just like to collect things I find valuable to my personal tastes and hobbies.

JMax, red devil and Carlos840 like this.
  5. marker2037

marker2037 Practically Family

Did you have a problem with the craftsmanship or the people themselves?

6. Monitor

Monitor

It's a long story but I just had some issue with the company, is all. Made a thread about it, it's still somewhere.

marker2037 likes this.
  7. Brandrea33

Brandrea33 A-List Customer

Thank you for creating this thread Carlos. I just stumbled on it yesterday and it’s helpful to me I understanding pattern/fit/and measurements.
    I’m still gun shy about my next build, but I’m hopeful it comes out the way I hope.

8. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

What about your Thedi, any wears?

9. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

I have worn it m`ybe 5 or 6 times, got cought in the rain in it, it got wet pretty fast and after drying was covered of weird stains... I like the fit and the construction, but i am not a great fan of the leather.

Marc mndt likes this.
  10. tenerific

tenerific New in Town

Hey @Carlos840, I'm trying to determine sizing in some of the jacket models you own. Any chance you could add your arm length from shoulder to wrist in your measurements?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021