Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My LW Buco J23

J

john z

What do you think to the fit? Had this made with no belt loops or fur collar fixings as I think it makes it less cluttered than the one I had with those details that this one replaces.

John Lever

One Too Many
I'd say it's a very good fit. Initially the arms look slightly too long, but with time the creases will make them shorten. Short arms are a pain. They bind on the elbows when driving or riding.
Nice jacket.

kbuzz

New in Town
lining?

What type of lining is on that jacket? Is it standard? i like the color a lot. Thats a really great overall fit and great looking too. You are not making my decision to go with Aero v. LW v. Langlitz any eaiser.

BTW how as stu at LW to deal with? Ive seen some odd posts regarding his customer service and/or attitude in general

J

john z

All the positive posts are much appreciated all so thanks.

The lining is burgundy wool, an option at extra cost to the std.

I had no problems dealing with Stuart. Anything I wanted to know he responded to by email 24-7. That said don't expect friendly chit chat, he is to the point & a man of a few words (much like myself) who, I presume, is confident that the quality of his product can say more than any of the friendly sales spiel of his competitors. I was in the market for a jacket, not the friendship of the guy selling it to me.

As for Langlitz v Aero v LW I'm not qualified to comment. My decision was made on the basis that LW offered a particular classic style I wanted. Aero came close but seem to offer what is their interpretation of what the classics should have been. Langlitz was a non-runner as their designs just don't do it for me.

Touareg

New in Town
Hi John,

I'm now convinced that is my next jacket, is that HH or Cowhide and would you mind telling what you payed for.

Thanks
Touareg

ron521

One of the Regulars
I think the originals had belts for two reasons:

They were a shortened version of a trench coat, which had a belt.

They were mass produced, so needed the belt to adjust the fit and keep the coat cinched tight at the waist.

For a coat which is custom made to measure, the belt may indeed be not needed, and many motorcycle jackets made now do not have the belt.

Doing without the belt does certainly "clean up" the look and make it less cluttered, also makes the lines of the jacket, and thus the wearer, appear longer/taller.

J

john z

Touareg said:
Hi John,

I'm now convinced that is my next jacket, is that HH or Cowhide and would you mind telling what you payed for.

Thanks
Touareg
Hi Touareg

It's HH, 4oz. Cost was $1425 + $85 shipping.

You can have it without the wool lining & Crown sprung zipper which brings the price down some.

Cowhide is also an option if you want to lower the cost further.

Cheers
John

Touareg

New in Town
Thanks John,

If you go for quality then there is no holding back right?. you have got to have the best to
be satisfied.

Touareg

J

john z

Touareg said:
Thanks John,

If you go for quality then there is no holding back right?. you have got to have the best to
be satisfied.

Touareg
My pleasure Touareg.

The quality of this jacket has to be experienced to to be truly appreciated. It is literally a labour of love that cannot be expressed thro' pics. To touch it, heft it & wear it is the only way to know it's something special.

It is the one jacket in my collection that bucks the trend & goes against my principle of only having original period items as copies will only ever be that - not real.

I came to own it because one came up on eBay, as new with the wool liner & sprung Crown in a size 40 which I bid on & won. When it arrived I fell in love with it immediately but, much as I tried, I could not put the thought out of my mind that a 38 would be a fit better to my liking. So after much soul searching I sold the 40. No sooner was it gone that I felt the loss. And it didn't ease with time, it grew stronger. I really felt the pain of having something as special as this jacket no longer in my life. It wasn't something I'd experienced with any other of the numerous original jackets I'd acquired & then later parted with. So to fill the void I had Stuart at LW make the 38 for me & consider it worth every $ & more. It is a work of art that will live on long after I've departed this World. The quality of workmanship & materials far surpasses the 2 original Buco's I own, as good as they are.

So I wish you every success in your quest to own a jacket that satisfies you as much as this one does me. Keep us posted.
Tommer45 said:
Hey John, I remember these pics from the VLJ. Always liked that jacket.. fantastic stuff!

Tommer
And I remember you from VLJ as somewhat of a motorcycle jacket aficionado. So that my jacket created such a positive lasting impression I take as an honour indeed.

Thanks Tommer
John

Touareg

New in Town
Thanks John,

Indeed I'm on a quest to getting one of these pieces of
art, and believe me I know art I studied restoring of it.
That is why I need to ask you few more question John.
Which measurements did you have to provide and how long did you have to wait for delivery.

Thanks again John.
Touareg

J

john z

Hi Touareg

From receipt of payment by LW to delivery to me in the UK took 24 days. I guess this will vary depending upon how many live orders LW has at time of you placing yours.

As for sizing I had a size 40 J23 so by putting that on & overlapping the front passed the point of where it would close normally when zipped up by 2" (5cm) gave me the kind of fit I was after. All I did was to contact Stuart & confirm that a size 38 would be a true 2" less in circumference around the body.

I think I'm correct in saying that LW offer the service whereby they send out a stock jacket for you to try for fit prior to the making of yours. This would almost certainly require you to pay the shipping costs for this service, if indeed it is available to overseas buyers.

Cheers
John

Touareg

New in Town
Thanks John, for replaying to my questions
I wish you many moments of joy wit your beautiful Jacket.

Touareg

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
john z said:
Hi Touareg

I think I'm correct in saying that LW offer the service whereby they send out a stock jacket for you to try for fit prior to the making of yours. This would almost certainly require you to pay the shipping costs for this service, if indeed it is available to overseas buyers.

Cheers
John

Hey John I just wanted to add (just so people are aware) that when Stuart sent me a jacket to try on for proper fit, he also charged my card the full price of the jacket plus shipping. I was a bit suprised when I opened the box and saw the receipt of payment in there for the full price! So if anyone is planning on giving Stuart a checkcard that immediately takes funds out of your checking account, just make sure you have enough in there so you don't overdraw when he ships you the test jacket. Although I guess if you're ordering a $1000+ jacket you should be fine. ;)

Tommer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails