Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new 689H

cl206

New in Town
My first real leather jacket! Ordered this over Thanksgiving from Schott and I've tried on the 38, 36 and 34 and finally settled on the 36. Fits very well imo with room for layering. Want to give a shout out to Jerri at Schott AND the people at the NYC location on Howard street. Nothing but professionalism. I had emailed Vanson but they never got back to me :(.
Next year hoping to add a crosszip to my beginner collection.
-Charlie

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hey Charlie! Welcome to FL! May your wallet survive.... :)

Now that jacket is spot on for you and one of the most versatile styles you could ever hope to own. Enjoy it and show us some updates as you start to break it in...

Nice jacket. Also refreshing that you selected a jacket, tried a few on, made a command decision on the size/fit, purchased it, and then posted here without asking for a fit check. Thank you.

I would call Vanson if they have a x-zip that interests you. You likely will have a better result.

Welcome and as AF said, may your wallet survive lol.

cl206

New in Town
Hey Charlie! Welcome to FL! May your wallet survive.... :)

Now that jacket is spot on for you and one of the most versatile styles you could ever hope to own. Enjoy it and show us some updates as you start to break it in...
Thanks so much! Yes for sure! I ride a z400 and will use this on it too (but will also get perhaps an armored vest just for).

cl206

New in Town
Nice jacket. Also refreshing that you selected a jacket, tried a few on, made a command decision on the size/fit, purchased it, and then posted here without asking for a fit check. Thank you.

I would call Vanson if they have a x-zip that interests you. You likely will have a better result.

Welcome and as AF said, may your wallet survive lol.
Yes! It was a lot of money for me and I wanted to make sure I get the right fit. At the end of the day if I am ok with the fit and my wife is ok, we are good :) At 48 years old, I am pretty keen at what size I like. My younger self used to buy oversized stuff and I had to donate so many outfits b/c I found them to be too big at my current age! I tried on the 34 today in the store and it was quite tight and rather comical when I had my "thin" north face fleece underneath.
Thanks so much for the welcome too!

Fonzie

One Too Many
Congratulations on a great jacket purchase. The fit is excellent and the model you chose suits you well.

Now that you got a home run on first try, go on and enjoy your jacket, close this browser, delete this site from your browsing history and never think of us again.

Failing to do so, you will be sucked into a spiralling vortex over the next few years where you will spend thousands of dollars buying multiple jackets only to realise at the end of your journey that your new Schott was all you needed.
Consider yourself warned.

Oh! and welcome to the lounge Charlie!

cl206

New in Town
Congratulations on a great jacket purchase. The fit is excellent and the model you chose suits you well.

Now that you got a home run on first try, go on and enjoy your jacket, close this browser, delete this site from your browsing history and never think of us again.

Failing to do so, you will be sucked into a spiralling vortex over the next few years where you will spend thousands of dollars buying multiple jackets only to realise at the end of your journey that your new Schott was all you needed.
Consider yourself warned.

Oh! and welcome to the lounge Charlie!
Yes! Thank you so much! Im gonna have to hide my wallet lol! I think a big part of the reason I was able to find a nice fit was bc of this forum and ifs many excellent posts! i hope to wear the heck out of this and post an update in the future!

cl206

New in Town
Congrats!

I got the same jacket in September and the 1 thing I don't like about it is that inside flap by the zipper.

Awesome thanks! Initially I wasnt a fan but Im getting used to it. wore it out today for the first time for a few hours and Im sore (maybe exaggerating a bit lol)

cl206

New in Town
Thanks Benny! Thats why I only limit to one jacket for now!! actually i was surfing second hand as well but schott had that sale and the rest is history

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner