Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new AERO Beacon NY Smooth Horsehide A-2

Raul

One of the Regulars
Some days ago I got my Aero A-2 Smooth Russet Horsehide Beacon N.Y 42-15142-P.
I am 5'11" tall and weight 160lbs.
Chest relaxed 39", expanded 40.5".
Waist 36.6"
Arm (shoulder to wrist) 26.4"
I don't like a baggy fit so, following Amanda's advice, I ordered a size 40 with 1" added on sleeves.
The fit is rather neat. I wear it with only a t-shirt plus a shirt under it, and when I cross my arms forward (like in a hug) I feel it a bit tight in the shoulder/armpit area, but I think this is the way it's supposed to be if you choose a non baggy fit.
I would love your more expert advice about the fitting.
Here are some pics (sorry for the not great quality) for your consideration (the pic of the back is with the jacket open, unzipped):

AERO1.jpg

AERO2.jpg

AERO3.jpg

AERO4.jpg

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Hi Raul,

I don’t think that you can get a better fit than that.

At first the sleeves looked a bit long but in my experience with Aero horsehide you will find that when the sleeves crease up they will be perfect.

Personally I like the shorter jacket length on Aeros.

Looks right to me

James

CBI

One Too Many
Yes, looks like a great fit. Aero's tend to be a bit snug, looks correct. After a few months it will mold to your body shape.

Raul

One of the Regulars
I agree about the sleeves, I'm sure they will short a bit with creasing up so they will be perfect.
I too like the shorter jacket length very much.
The leather will expand a bit with wear, right?
As I wrote above, my chest (expanded) is about 40.5", the jacket armpit to armpit is 22.5" so I think it's a right fit.
When zipped up, there is surely more space on the back than on the front, and if I should close the neck hook it would be a bit tight. Is this normal? Of course I will never close the neck.

On fit issues, i also see the arms as being a bit long. Will the sleeves really "ride up with wear" as Mr. Humphries would say - enough to get the knit cuffs to be revealed nicely? [huh] Seems a bit of a stretch to me.

The shoulders seem a bit big too, to my eye. I personally hate sagging shoulders o a jacket. These seem to be sagging, and not entirely due to your dropped left shoulder - though this will of course enhance the visual effect of any inherent sag due to over-width.

bk

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Raul said:
I agree about the sleeves, I'm sure they will short a bit with creasing up so they will be perfect.
I too like the shorter jacket length very much.
The leather will expand a bit with wear, right?
As I wrote above, my chest (expanded) is about 40.5", the jacket armpit to armpit is 22.5" so I think it's a right fit.
When zipped up, there is surely more space on the back than on the front, and if I should close the neck hook it would be a bit tight. Is this normal? Of course I will never close the neck.

Raul -

The jacket looks to be a great fit. You will appreciate the extra sleeve length when you are driving a car or motorcycling. About the neck hook: I use mine quite frequently and it is a bit snug but not uncomfortable - it is just like having a shirt and neck tie on.

Enjoy your new jacket!

Noel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto