Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero LHB

Willybob

A-List Customer
My new Aaero LHB has arrived and O am pleased. I will post more pics in various lighting for those who are considering Aero Cordovan. image.jpg image.jpg

Wow, that jacket is almost as stiff as my Beckman boots!
It will soften up with wear....
Can't wait to see the fit pics! Congratulations.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice jacket, Willybob, and just think: it's going to get better and better as time goes on. How many things can you say that about?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks great but not all that stiff; the sleeves are bending some. :D look forward to fit pics.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Mine did the same thing when it arrived over a year ago. Love the jacket though... It's "molded" itself to me but it'll NEVER drape or soften to the point of being a blanket.

Worf

pawineguy

One Too Many
Now the fun of making it your own begins. Congrats, cordovan is the most head turning of the Aero colors, be prepared for compliments from strangers.

thor

One Too Many
image.jpg image.jpg
Over time it will surely loose it's armor-like feel and start to conform to your shape.:p:D
Nice jacket! :eusa_clap

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Does anyone remember where a quote appeared in which somebody mentioned a Rock and Roll drummer who used his leather jacket for a muffler inside his bass drum? I still get a laugh when I see a thread like this and remember it.

thor

One Too Many
Yes, the FQHH is really softening up in the second, "after", photo.:D
Some report that their FQHH did soften up drastically over time while others say the hide stayed uncomfortably stiff, even after several years. I wonder if it depends on specific batches of FQHH or just the amount of time and effort in wearing the heck out of it [huh]

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Some report that their FQHH did soften up drastically over time while others say the hide stayed uncomfortably stiff, even after several years. I wonder if it depends on specific batches of FQHH or just the amount of time and effort in wearing the heck out of it [huh]

The FQHH on my Maxwell and Teamster are respective ends of a spectrum. "Out of the box," stiff and heavy vs. soft and drapey and more "modest" in weight.

Willybob

A-List Customer
Yeah it's stiff but that's what I wanted. I specifically asked for the heaviest horse. It's alraedy loosening a little.

Edward

Bartender

Combination of that and personal taste, I think. Some folks just don't like the heavier hides, while others love 'em.... This one looks great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff