1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

My New Aero Ridley D Pocket!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Radz108, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Radz108

Radz108 One of the Regulars

Hello Fellow TFLers,

I was browsing the Thurston Bros site (which is a very dangerous thing to do ;)) and saw this stunning Aero Ridley size 38 in Dark Seal Vincenza on the featured Stock page. The measurements looked similar to my Aero Seven in Russet Vicenza which I ordered over the summer. I have been looking for a nice moto cross zip that wasn't black and had no belt. I was initially interested in ordering an Aero Bootlegger until this beauty became available.
    I have received it today and WOW! It looks, smells and feels awesome! I really like the grainiess of this batch of dark seal vicenza. The zippers, D pocket and snaps give it a vintage moto inspired look that isn't too over the top since it does not have epaulettes, a belt and no action back or shoulder gussets. The back is a simple one piece with a kidney panel.
    The quality of leather, stitching etc. is typical Aero quality - one of the best in the market!

The Fit:
    I was concerned about the fit since the P2P and bottom width was about an inch smaller than my Aero seven. However, Carrie assured me that it should fit fine.
    In a nutshell, the jacket fit is so spot on and snug that it could have been painted on :p!
    Arm length is perfect (I do not ride FYI), shoulder width is perfect (just like my Seven), Chest width is a little more snug than my seven but not noticeable and still comfortable. Where it is noticeable is the drop in width from the chest to the waist. I am able to close it just so and it is quite snug in the waist but not uncomfortable or significantly restricting. Basically, this jacket would force me to at least maintain my current weight because if I gain a few inches, it will not fit.:p I'm currently wearing the jacket as I type this and it is already starting to mold and loosen to my body type and it is already feeling more comfortable than when I initially put it on.

Here are some pics showing the fit. I was also able to wear a light merino wool turtleneck under it as well...enjoy (PS: don't mind the crappy background - it's already dark outside and I had to take shots indoors;))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    bn1966, Jaime, EmergencyIan and 30 others like this.
  2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

That's awesome!
    Congratulations.

Radz108 likes this.
  3. Very nice and looks to be a perfect fit.
    Congrats
    HD

Radz108 likes this.
  4. Mark

Mark Practically Family

Beautiful. Love the colour. I would love this for riding if only...

5. barnabus

barnabus A-List Customer

That looks incredible! The fit is perfect, and as you say, you can already see it's molding to fit you - the sleeves look awesome.

Radz108 likes this.
  6. A-1

A-1 One Too Many

I love this! It looks superb on you!

Radz108 likes this.
  7. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

SCORE!!!!!

8. mendelboaz

mendelboaz Practically Family

That is one STUNNER of a jacket! Well done!

I gotta ask though, what's up with the fad of all these 'Ridley' 'no-epaulette' J106 jackets? Basically all jackets I see on the Thurston Bros. Instagram account are the 'Ridley J106'. When you've got a jacket style that's all bells-and-whistles, why omit something like the epaulettes? It's like having an A-2 without cargo pockets, or a pair of engineer boots without buckles.

9. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thats a hell of a jacket!

10. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

perfect jacket, I love the lining as well. It fits tight, exactly how this jacket is supposed to fit. Perfect buy.

Radz108 likes this.
  11. Roma

Roma A-List Customer

Looks like it's been made for you.

Отправлено с моего MI MAX через Tapatalk

12. Plumbline

Plumbline One Too Many

Nice .. :)

13. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

upload_2016-12-29_3-34-49.png

Radz108 likes this.
  14. Fonzie

Fonzie Practically Family

Awesome! Looks great on you.

Radz108 likes this.
  15. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Now, that's what would inspire me to buy another jacket!

16. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Absolutely perfect. Couldn't be better in terms of fit and leather - I particularly like the nickel zips and snaps.

Radz108 likes this.
  17. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Very nice acquisition with a fit that appears exemplary. Congratulations.

Radz108 likes this.
  18. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Awesome jacket and fit. The brown HH and nickel zips are superb. I'd been considering brown and nickel myself for another project but balked. I think it makes this jacket tho. Outstanding is an understatement!!

Radz108 likes this.
  19. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Your jacket rocks
    Your house rocks
    You rock!

Radz108 likes this.
  20. Pdxgeo

Pdxgeo A-List Customer

Nailed it again!!! How about some progress shots of that Seven? Its a good thing Carrie didn't bring this one to my fitting or Id probably have bought it myself!!!

Congrats

Radz108 likes this.