My new Aero - Seal goat Maxwell

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Jejupe, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Jejupe

Jejupe Practically Family

I want to share with you some photos of my new jacket that arrived yesterday from Scotland. This is my first custom made Aero. Specs: Seal goat Maxwell size 50 with weathered Grant lochcarron body lining and wine cotton sateen sleeve lining.

The fit is a little bit looser than what I intended and I’m a bit worried that the sleeves will wrinkle up and become too short over time, but More I wear it the more I like this jacket.

This is easily my most comfortable leather jacket straight out of the box.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. MET

MET A-List Customer

Wear it in health. Not a good perspective but from what I see the sleeves are long enough not to get too short with time.

Jejupe likes this.
  3. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

Looks great. Also the lining and colour combo, a really classic looking jacket.

Jejupe likes this.
  4. Mark

Mark Practically Family

Looks great, better a little room to spare than too tight. Beautiful lining too.

Jejupe likes this.
  5. Monitor

Monitor

Perfect!

Jejupe likes this.
  6. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Great fit !!

Jejupe likes this.
  7. Jejupe

I guess I’ve spent too much time on TFL when I wonder if my new jacket is too loose because I can actually wear some clothes under it... [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Marro, Monitor and Mark like this.
  8. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Very very NICE!! Superb fit.

Jejupe likes this.
  9. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

I wouldn't want a tight fit with a Maxwell. Actually I wouldn't want a tight fit with any jacket. I prefer comfort. You have a good fit with that jacket. In my opinion that is how it should fit.

Fanch and Jejupe like this.
  10. tpschar

tpschar New in Town

Very nice! I'm waiting on a Maxwell in Seal Vicenza, and I intentionally sized up one size. Hope it looks as good as your goat.

Jejupe likes this.
  11. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Goat doesn't wrinkle very much, so I wouldn't worry about that, and the fit looks great - not every jacket needs to be a second skin! Lovely jacket.

Jejupe likes this.
  12. Looks good.

13. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

I concur with my friend from middle Tennessee. My black goatskin Maxwell looks pretty much the same as the day I got it as as most goatskin ages very slowly. I have no sleeve creasing at all. You did well. Congratulations.

2014-06-21 13.19.23.jpg 2014-06-21 13.21.03.jpg

El Marro, MET and Harris HTM like this.
  14. regius

regius My Mail is Forwarded Here

A goat Maxwell has been my dream!!!! Tell me, does the seal goat feel stiff? Does it drape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Jejupe

Aero’s goat in my jacket is substantial but not stiff at all. In my opinion It drapes nicely. I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants a light and easy to wear jacket, which is still a ”real” leather jacket in comparison to most fashion jackets.

However, some people might be a little put off by shiny and almost plastic like appearance of this leather. I don’t know if it changes when the jacket gets older.

I must admit that I am a little bit in love with goatskin at the moment. I have a order in for a Rockafella in russet vicenza and this jacket made me think that maybe I should have it made in russet goat instead.