Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Two Tone J106 in FQHH

mendelboaz

One Too Many
First of all, a huge shout out to Carrie and Wade from Thurston Bros. for helping me acquire this bad boy. Their service was excellent, and they answered my sometimes tedious questions without any sign of annoyance. Carrie and Wade, keep up the good work. Your company is one of the best out there.

I live in Europe so you might wonder why I didn't go through Aero directly. At first, I was planning on getting a 38-1711-p in the new Seal Vicenza, which required me to order through Thurston Bros. After a few weeks, I realized I was in desperate need of a classic D-pocket jacket and the J106 was screaming for my affection. So I got that one instead. I was going for a Buco J-24 repro, but soon I fell in love with the Two Tone version so I went with that. The result is one damned fine jacket.

Last edited:

mendelboaz

One Too Many

Here are the specs:

+J106 in Two Tone FQHH (black + brown, standard pattern with one change: brown epaulettes)
+size 38
+26" sleeve length
+24.5" back length (IMO these jackets are meant to be cut shorter than a cafe racer and I think the length worked out perfectly)
+brown contrast stitching
+mixed hardware
+classic gold Aero label
+shoulder gussets
+black corduroy strip at bottom hem
+black moleskin sleeve lining
+brown corduroy pocket lining
+Ramsay Blue Ancient "Strome weight" tartan body lining

The fit feels great... This is exactly how my Schott 618 fit me when I first got it, and that one has broken in wonders:

The FQHH is beautiful. I have to say I like the CXL steerhide on my HWM a lot better (so thick, juicy, luscious, oily... the FQHH feels kind of thin and dry in comparison). But the FQHH sample I got from Aero has aged beautifully so I have no doubt this jacket will too.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Superb fit. I've had my eye on this model since it came out - I intend to order mine when the time comes in black fqhh, with shiny brass hardware. Cracking design. Do Aero include the belt as a standard part of the order?

Superb. Sharp. Bold. Man, this jacket's gonna turn some heads...

Also, I know it's new but it already looks like you've been wearing it for quite some time. Which is good, of course.

Edward; Yep, belt included.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great fit!

It's a busy jacket with the lapels, D pocket plus the 2 tone and I think it could be "too much" for a lot of people but you look really natural in it.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Thank you for all the very kind words, gents! It is a very busy jacket indeed, many people around here seem to prefer a cafe racer or half belt design. I love the simplicity of my Schott 641HH and Aero Highwayman, but the Perfecto style really speaks to me... That may be because I am a youngster and a rebel.

If you want to see busy, check out my Langlitz... Total of 10 pockets, shoulder, elbow & back padding, Sam Browne belt with shoulder strap...

Monitor, I have been wearing the jacket every day, all-day, even in the house :) so you're definitely on to something there!

Last edited:

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Thanks! It's the padded pocket columbia in goat. Jacket fits a lot tighter than it did when I got it back in January. Langlitz is super great to deal with... Outstanding customer service and very kind people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk