Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my new dress

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Great job!

That dress is fantastic! It looks so professional, and the tailoring is perfect on you. (Oh, if only I could fill out a torso like that...) I'm curious to know what fabric you used, as well. The floral pattern is very 1940s.

Would you be interested in writing an article for RetroRadar.com about sewing vintage-style clothing? Maybe tips for working with vintage patterns, or where to find the best vintage reproduction designs. I know our readers have been hankering for advice in this area, and you're obviously experienced. Drop me a PM if you're interested, and we can discuss the details.

In the meantime, keep those photos comin'. They're inspiring to us domestically challenged gals!

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
The Bingstress said:
That dress is fantastic! It looks so professional, and the tailoring is perfect on you. (Oh, if only I could fill out a torso like that...) I'm curious to know what fabric you used, as well. The floral pattern is very 1940s.

It's just a rayon challis. My local boutique fabric store has a great table a rayons that are always on sale. I've found a ton of retro-looking fabrics on that table.

Would you be interested in writing an article for RetroRadar.com about sewing vintage-style clothing?The Bingstress

Sure!
andrea@gideonfamily.org

kamikat

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
That turned out very nice! Where did you learn to sew? I'm really interested in expanding my skills as I have over 50 1930s-40s patterns that I’d love to be able to whip up! I keep collecting them but have only gotten around to making a couple of things…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran