Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New(ish) Optimo

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
I visited Optimo a few weeks back while dropping off my fiancé at Midway airport in Chicago. I was planning on having the ribbon on my Optimo Pecan replaced and have a clean and block on my straw. What I didn't count on was Graham having a hat in my size that I couldn't pass up.
Graphite3-vi.gif

Graphite-vi.gif

At first I wasn't crazy about the bow and the wide bound edge, but I figured it added some variety to my collection.
Here's a shot of it on my head:
SuitLid-vi.gif

Look how nicely it matches my suit!

I can't remember what color he said the felt was. It was either Graphite or Mercury. I can't recall. It looks like a really dark gray with some brown and olive mixed in. The pics make it look brown. If any one can ID it, please let me know.
I don't think I would ever order a lid like this, but seeing it all together was what sold me on it.

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Nice, PBG. It does look good with that suit.

My Knox 20 has the "funky" bow on the back of the hat. I, too, was not sure about it, but do like it for variety's sake and all its own since it's a bit different.

Isn't photography and lighting peculiar? I'd swear up and down that your hat is brown.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great hat!

Nice hat PBG! I had to do a double take, you looked like Kevin, formerly from Optimo!!

That is one nice fedora. You snagged a great looking hat! Esp. the ribbon...nice and not often seen.

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Thanks for the compliments all. I didn't even know what the style of bow on the ribbon was called, thanks Andykev. As far as the crown height, it's pretty tall. 1930's style. My Dove Gray Optimo has an even taller crown and many Fedora Loungers who have seen it in person have said that it has the highest crown they've seen on a fedora! It suits me though.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Staring PBG.

PrettyBigGuy said:
Thanks for the compliments all. I didn't even know what the style of bow on the ribbon was called, thanks Andykev. As far as the crown height, it's pretty tall. 1930's style. My Dove Gray Optimo has an even taller crown and many Fedora Loungers who have seen it in person have said that it has the highest crown they've seen on a fedora! It suits me though.

PBG,

I think that is the nicest modern hat i've ever seen. We have two fine hatters here at The Fedora Lounge but Graham at Optimo hat co. makes the best looking vintage type fedora i have ever had the pleasure of owning or wearing.
Your hat looks like you are ready for your movie role!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21