Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new jacket, I name it greywolf

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Today I collected my new jacket.... hot damn I'm loving it, so cool
0HeF6PQ.jpg

it is cowhide, around 1.6-1.8mm but shaved on the edges so it looks thinner on the hem and sleeve end (it's a shame.. but otherwise they can't sew it). I don't really know what the proper name for the type of the leather, it is smooth, very water absorbent ( I just shaped the collar), and has a bit marble finish, somewhat easy to scuff with fingernail but kind of easy to rub it back too, I do a wild guess... maybe this is what called crazy horse type leather? (guess)

it has center main zipper but hidden under overlapping panels, the back has no gussets and has huge back pocket. that wolf head thing is a logo from video game Final Fantasy 7 AC, and it has that ring bitten by the wolf, so I ask for similar diameter eyelet pierced through the leather .

I will post fit pic later my phone battery is depleted now.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
C6FCl2x.jpg

creases!!! I love how thicker hide shows them so well, I've been wearing it in a hot summer day for the past 4 hours and still do.

ugh.. sorry that was a pack of pocket tissue in my pocket, I'm still fluish. and I haven't use this jacket's pockets yet... I just realize when I stare at them and then I took out stuff in my pocket

Last edited:
Incredible!!! Now THAT is a custom jacket. Beautiful man...the fit is obviously absolutely perfect and I love the leather. Simply amazing!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
It's raining outside but I'm a bit flu-ish...otherwise I will ride my bike just for the sake of wearing it in drizzle:eek:
thanks guys, sorry for littering the forum the past few days on the other thread...
nobody at home knows about it yet...
it's hard to keep excitement to myself so I was channeling it here:D

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The fit is great and the leather looks interesting, too! I bet it's that great shade of grey that looks even better at night (I have had a peacoat in that tone of grey and it looked anything from brown to black at night depending on the light)

I don't fancy all the zippers and the short front zipper but it's a modern, cool design and I'm self-aware enough to know that I know nothing about style or fashion. (Which is why I stick with old and simple designs, cannot go wrong with that! :D)

I see some Vanson and Junya Wantanabe influences, especially in the back of the jacket. The whole thing is so truly original and unique! What a cool ability and gift you have...to be able to bring a concept into reality like this. I'm amazed! So...when are you starting your own line and taking orders????

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
The fit is great and the leather looks interesting, too! I bet it's that great shade of grey that looks even better at night (I have had a peacoat in that tone of grey and it looked anything from brown to black at night depending on the light)

I don't fancy all the zippers and the short front zipper but it's a modern, cool design and I'm self-aware enough to know that I know nothing about style or fashion. (Which is why I stick with old and simple designs, cannot go wrong with that! :D)
during daylight looks like concrete, but looks dark grey indoor, the sample I got has brownish tone to it, but the new hide is pure grey, they said the sample was exposed to the sun, so probably later on :)

I see some Vanson and Junya Wantanabe influences, especially in the back of the jacket. The whole thing is so truly original and unique! What a cool ability and gift you have...to be able to bring a concept into reality like this. I'm amazed! So...when are you starting your own line and taking orders????
thanks man... I can only draw... and then leaving the trouble to someone else... heheh... lucky I just in time when I ordered this one... now they are getting busy making tents?!? they said those are beach tent order from abroad... dunno what country fancy those batik tents.

Back in my youth, I loved Final Fantasy VII. Gave up at the end lf disc 1 though.... :D
I played a bit, but then my friend came to play on my PSX, and he played far more thorough than I did... so I ended up watching him playing :confused: the story of my gaming life...

Is the 1.6-1.8mm hide equivalent to 3.5-4oz? The leather looks super thick!
it is super thick :eek:but somehow learns to crease more willingly, nowhere near broken in yet especially on the body.

philosophy101

A-List Customer
C6FCl2x.jpg

creases!!! I love how thicker hide shows them so well, I've been wearing it in a hot summer day for the past 4 hours and still do.

ugh.. sorry that was a pack of pocket tissue in my pocket, I'm still fluish. and I haven't use this jacket's pockets yet... I just realize when I stare at them and then I took out stuff in my pocket
Very creative design!!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I admire the hell out of people who design their own stuff, and that's a great design. Just do us a favor, will ya? Get over the flu first before you go out riding in the rain. We don't want you to be the first guy to bite the dust over his jacket design.

Makes me wonder why are some makers are asking thousands for their amateur hour trainee-grade products when an unknown leather shop is capable of making something of such insane workmanship. . . Getting a leather jacket tailored this well is damn near impossible and yet these guys nailed it two times now. Or three, counting your brothers jacket. This is something else. Needless to say, I love it. It's insanely nice.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I admire the hell out of people who design their own stuff, and that's a great design. Just do us a favor, will ya? Get over the flu first before you go out riding in the rain. We don't want you to be the first guy to bite the dust over his jacket design.
would be the first legit case of haunted leather jacket when that happens...

Makes me wonder why are some makers are asking thousands for their amateur hour trainee-grade products when an unknown leather shop is capable of making something of such insane workmanship. . . Getting a leather jacket tailored this well is damn near impossible and yet these guys nailed it two times now. Or three, counting your brothers jacket. This is something else. Needless to say, I love it. It's insanely nice.
I have personally thanked them, at least the guy who has to deal with my rants and has to cut this jackets based on my untested A4 size drawing and the lady who sew and resew and resew the leather through several revisions these last weeks, the owner of the workshop never there... but when I visit my mom next week wearing this jacket, she would call her or send them a hamper & stuff apologizing:( for the hardship I must have done to them....

thinking of it... I originally went with a brownish-green-grey leather that was no longer available, and they got me several leather samples I probably would like as substitute, there were 4 leather samples sent by their supplier they talked me into one of these 3 soft brown and tan leathers and this grey one was left on the table partly tucked under some stuff, so I reached for it... saw how crazy thick it was and naturally pick it... I think they tried to hide it from me:rolleyes: knowing I would choose it and it would bring pain to work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana