Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Jaxon!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I received my new Jaxon Bogart today! I did not have very high expectations since it only cost $68. Boy was I wrong! I ordered last Saturday night from Village hat shop and received a confirmation email that Sunday morning. When it arrived today it was in a nice hat box with fragile marked all over it! the hat was wrapped and had the foam protector for the ribbon!
Ok on to the hat! It has a thin but soft felt. I do not think I normally do shorter brims well, but I like this one. It is my favorite now as well as my wife's! I also have a Jaxon Monk on it's way!
with feather.
PA050001.jpg

without feather.
PA050002.jpg

PA050003.jpg

PA050005.jpg

PA050006.jpg

PA050011.jpg

fatwoul

Practically Family
Excellent. I've been waiting to see this half the day, and it's been worth it. It does really suit you, so I can see why you and the mrs like it. :)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
indycop, This could well become your signature hat. Great choice. Makes me want to buy a six pack! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Ryan

Familiar Face
That does look good. I think you'll like the monk also. I picked up one last week at VHS and have to say I was impressed for the price. The hat gets attention for some reason. I received several compliments the first day. Soft, comfortable and a good deal.

Starius

Practically Family
I'm glad I saw this thread. I've been thinking a lot about Jaxon hats lately but havent seen many people comment on them here so far. They have several tempting hats, in my opinion but I like seeing what others think of them around here.

duggap

Banned
Indycop, Nice looking hat. For my money leave the feather off the hat. You may find, as I did, that a short brim hat does look a lot better on than you would have thought it would. Nice find.:eusa_clap

Duck

Practically Family
Great looking hat, Indycop!!! You wear that smaller brim well. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice looking hat. I have a Jaxon Bogart that has been my primary daily "business hat" for the past couple of years. I have been very well pleased with the hat. I know you will get years of good service from yours.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
Nice looking hat. I have a Jaxon Bogart that has been my primary daily "business hat" for the past couple of years. I have been very well pleased with the hat. I know you will get years of good service from yours.
It was your pic and comments in the what are you wearing today thread that sent me looking for one! I was not disappointed! Thanks, Bigman.:eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Ryan said:
That does look good. I think you'll like the monk also. I picked up one last week at VHS and have to say I was impressed for the price. The hat gets attention for some reason. I received several compliments the first day. Soft, comfortable and a good deal.
Do you have any pics of you with the monk? Would be great to see!:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the nice comments fellas! I have to say that what you get for what you pay is outstanding!! I will definitely get more Jaxon's!
I think my fear with a shorter brim was, how it would look with my large head.
DG what that pun intended?:D :rolleyes: "arrested"

deelovely

Practically Family
Hmmm...

indycop said:
I do have to say that while my peters brothers feel like its a part of me when I wear it, This hat makes me feel a little cocky, like I should be on a stakeout or something!:rolleyes: :eek:
I'll go on a stakeout with you if you wear THAT hat!!!;) I love it! And the short brim does look good. Your head is not that large, it is in proportion with the rest of you, silly!:p

Ryan

Familiar Face
Hey Starius, I looked on here for some opinions on this hat but didnt see any, I found some nice comments on the brand. I'm far from being in experts on these types of hats but for the price, I'm really happy with it. My wool caps and repo ball caps can cost me 40-50 bucks.
IC now has me wanting the Bogart after my experience with the monk.
Like IC I was happy with the folks at VHS. Having a odd shaped head, I went to the store in Sacramento. They sold it to me for the internet sale price, let me pick out a different feather, cleaned it up and gave me a box. The sales gal was really nice and very informative. Flat out she said it was Rabbit. I asked her "how do they get Rabbit fur, do they shear the little guy?" and she went blank. She then brought over a wool felt monk so I could compare. There's a big difference between the two.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Indy...Great Lid and hello all...

Sorry i was incomunicado...Got really sick at the childs bday party...ended up in the hospital...then a family emergency cropped up and I had to leave town. Still not 100%...more like 60....Indy told me everyone was asking...Thanks all for caring....
Anyway...back to our normal broadcast...Great looking lid IC!...I am going to look at the Jaxon line and see what I find.....Gosh I missed all of you....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana