Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new old B-3 flying jacket

lp01

New in Town
Hi all!

Just recalled I had a 25 year old flying jacket replica in the attic. I think it was bought in germany but I have no ideia about the maker. It says it was made in uruguay. The sheepskin is wonderful, still smelling nicely.

Do you have any ideia of the manufacturer? It was a gift long ago and I have no way of asking where exactly it was bought, etc. Some photos below. Its a euro size 52 and has aprox 23,5 inches pit to pit. I guess the size below would fit me better: wife says I look huge in it :cool:

Regards.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Nice civvy style from the 1980s probably. Made for the european market I would guess by the zip puller position. Looks a nice warm jacket for general cold wear use though of no military interest I'm afraid.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Looks like one of a multitude of B-3 styled jacets which have been produced from the early 70's to the current day. I had a very similar jacket that I bought in Dobbs Leathers in Kettering back in about 84/5. Most were Far East produced from South Asian or Chinese sheepskin.

Nice warm sheepskin jackets. Not a close repro or anything and often the contract and label details meant nothing ...... I had leather panels sewn into the sleeves of mine to make it look more like an actual B-3 and eventually replaced it with a Lost Worlds B-3 in 2003 which was a much more substantial affair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points