My New Premiere Highwayman in Dark Maple Bainbridge

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Kipling, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

^^
    Not sure I agree ton. Posted pics are fair game imo, warts and all. I'd post pics of PHWM baloony backs too if I felt it helps make the point even if I never owned a PHWM.

Edit - if you are referring to re-posting somebody else's pic without permission I will gladly take it down if it breaks TFL rules or if asked by the pic owner.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  2. ton312

ton312

Well you do you. I don’t know what the forum rules are but I’d certainly be cautious of using other forum members pics as a means of pointing out perceived flaws. Surely you can see where that could come back and bite you, me and everyone else who posts here. If there is an existing thread, I think providing a link is fair.
    Edit: sorry to the OP for the thread de-rail.

3. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

^^
    I put a link in.

4. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm reluctant to point out (perceived) flaws on other people's jackets unless I am explicitly asked to share my opinion. I don't want to rain on someone's parade.

But personally, I don't mind at all if people critique my jackets. As long as they substantiate their opinions.

Mrfrown, Jin431 and dudewuttheheck like this.
  5. ton312

ton312

I couldn’t agree more. In this instance an unwilling 3rd party was brought in, who is seemingly quite delighted with their jacket (and should be) from the link provided.
    The point was missed. I’m done.

6. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Textbook example of a perfect fit. I might use this pic as inspiration for one of my next projects, if you don't mind :)

Jin431 and ton312 like this.
  7. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Good point to bring it out, my picture was used as a bad example to illustrate tunneling sleeves, I was little surprised but I am aware people just want use it to help others so I am cool. 76C8B047-E246-485E-9735-750B1873C2FD.jpeg

You did it too:
    C89D466A-57E5-4EAB-A1D5-CA5160614B4F.jpeg

8. ton312

ton312

Yes, but you were displeased and expressed extreme displeasure with that jacket and returned it, no?
    Had you created a thread expressing how much you liked that jacket I would not have posted that. But you are right. Still over the line. A better approach would’ve been to simply link your post to this:
    4EE1DA27-6AC2-4687-9642-D72290D40090.jpeg
    Will’s link shows no such remorse from the current owner but I agree, using your close up shots in my hillside thread would’ve been better. But by all means, that jacket was straight junk.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Hh121 likes this.
  9. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Oh, absolutely junk, and it is heavy! Almost 9 lbs....lol!

10. ton312

ton312

Why the username change?

11. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Banned.

12. ton312

ton312

1D431CD0-E2F1-4838-AA35-5418FA3FA9E5.gif

13. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

I think you might still remember a thread where a guy said he purchased black elmc roadstar from historypreservation, but after few weeks he changed his mind and want to exchange to brown, he accuse the owner misleading him to purchase black instead brown, etc.... can't remember exactly, so there were lots of guys mocking him by sending gif, I was one of them, and turns out I am the only one who got banned. (OP got banned too).

ton312 likes this.
  14. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Errr, guys... this is someone's "happy with new jacket thread" :)

15. ton312

ton312

You are 100% right. Sorry @Kipling for the unnecessary thread hijack. I failed to mention it before but your jacket looks superb and the fit does too. Congrats. I apologize for the shitty intro into the lounge. :oops:

navetsea and Kipling like this.
  16. Yes, nice jacket Kipling. We are really a friendly bunch 99% of the time.
    HD

Jin431 and Kipling like this.
  17. Kipling

Kipling New in Town

Haha! No problem at all mates. In terms of the internet, this conversation is about as nice as it gets ;):D

Thanks to everyone for your opinions. Carrie chimed in as well and said it's more just a variation of how a jacket fits a body, and that it'll change depending on if I wear it more zipped or unzipped, standing or sitting, etc.

I suppose it it *really* bothers me over time I could have it altered, but I'm hoping it never gets to that point. It doesn't pull on my neck in any major way as some of you have mentioned. And my gf likes the way it looks on me!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Cornelius, Jin431, handymike and 5 others like this.
  18. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

The jacket is perfect for you and looks great and only time will make this jacket even better for you. Wear it with pleasure and watch the jacket take on a unique character ;)

Don't forget to buy the right hanger with the right angle for this jacket.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Kipling likes this.
  19. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

@Hh121, I apologize if I overstepped by using your image w/o your permission.

20. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

No need for apologize, it's cool.

handymike likes this.