Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Thedis: MTC-127915 and MTC-C127913

Jejupe

Practically Family
It was a long wait, but today a small package arrived from Greece. Inside were my two made to measure Thedis!

MTC-127915 is standard goatskin version. I was surprised how different it looks in nature. Based on Thedi’s blogspot photos I was expecting a russet jacket, but this is definately seal. Thedi’s goatskin is beatiful stuff! Heavier and thicker than my Aero’s goat and it shows beatiful lighter undertone in some spots that Theodoros has slightly disstressed. Its also surprisingly heavy, 2,8 kgs (about 6,2 pounds).

15.jpg

For MTC-C127913 I asked Twill cabardine and cowhide (as in model MTC-1279117) instead of old military canvas and buffalo (I thought I couldn’t pull off the green version). Also with this jacket colors are nice, but quite different from Blogspot photos in my opinion! Also what catches the eye is lots of loose yarns around button holes. Doesn’t look very nice, but I suppose the button holes would need to be made some other way to avoid this yarn shedding.

Basic model:
53.jpg

Canvas and leather from this model:
66.jpg

Both jackets fit me, in my opinion, very well. Only minor problem is that canvas jacket’s sleeves have extremely high and tight armholes so its difficult to put on even with just a t-shirt on. I expect this to get easier when this heavy canvas brakes in a bit.

Here’s some photos.

e2150f3a289186c3efbb4a9bbd5b5a6d.jpg

f24ee6cb41c6760d9ac405aec2cbcd49.jpg

74f5c846e5e0f3cb76ac005029aaa149.jpg

531c1101f4736f02818edc4de80f1bc2.jpg

bc4ca6be02b77d936dff53a3a2ec29d8.jpg

d4c9757b0315546a66f9ec72a4703833.jpg

5e75f2146f21c036db56a25ae73c9c32.jpg

486b5bd37a794e0f4648e8162385a4f9.jpg

f743cad20e5b62895744877855d71854.jpg

6b2c470bd816790d4c2f34e934adf3d5.jpg

4dab239c91a31b2c97c6cb9971679967.jpg

2d04bedcbf5ffff5b1405ca7be3bfd7d.jpg

cdbf96383889b6f15c685be27f5b5206.jpg

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys them two at a time!

Man, that goat! Awesome stuff. That's a fantastic jacket, a keeper for sure.

As for the high, tight armholes, yes, those should break in. I noticed the same on my shawl collar, but it started to get better after just a couple hours of wear, and now it's completely perfect.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I see that Thedi nailed the fit again :)
Both of these look fantastic, although I have a soft spot for the MTC-127915 :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys them two at a time!

You certainly aren't the only one, Hoping to go to Thessaloniki again after summer :)

Edward

Bartender
That first one is especially lovely, at once both truly vintage and (thanks to sharing much of its design with the one sport by Snake Plissken in Escape from New York) pleasantly retro-futurist at the same time.

Is the canvas one a nice alternative to leather for warmer weather, or is the canvas of such a weight that it's jsut an alternative to leather?

Jejupe

Practically Family
That first one is especially lovely, at once both truly vintage and (thanks to sharing much of its design with the one sport by Snake Plissken in Escape from New York) pleasantly retro-futurist at the same time.

Is the canvas one a nice alternative to leather for warmer weather, or is the canvas of such a weight that it's jsut an alternative to leather?

Its quite heavy canvas, so I would say its an alternative for light leather or for example heavy denim.

Jejupe

Practically Family
I am currently fighting an urge to buy more Thedis. I am especially interested in his Grizzly.

However as you guys have pointed out, my TFL effect is running pretty out of control. I must try to calm down. Or at least sell some jackets to make room in my closet!

I am currently fighting an urge to buy more Thedis. I am especially interested in his Grizzly.

However as you guys have pointed out, my TFL effect is running pretty out of control. I must try to calm down. Or at least sell some jackets to make room in my closet!

Lol, why even fight it at this point? If these jackets make you happy - and I don't see how they wouldn't - and if you have the means to support the addiction, go wild! Enjoy while it lasts!

I'm particularly impressed with the canvas/leather shawl collar one! Always been a fan of the combo. If done right, as is the case with your jacket, it can look totally cool! Superb distressing. Is the twill waxed?

Jejupe

Practically Family
Lol, why even fight it at this point? If these jackets make you happy - and I don't see how they wouldn't - and if you have the means to support the addiction, go wild! Enjoy while it lasts!

I'm particularly impressed with the canvas/leather shawl collar one! Always been a fan of the combo. If done right, as is the case with your jacket, it can look totally cool! Superb distressing. Is the twill waxed?

I must say that my addiction has been getting more refined lately. I just decided to return two Vansons mainly because they didn't feel special to me. At this point I don't need any more "good enough" jackets. I wan't clothing that feels special to me every time I put it on. These Thedis certainly tick that box for me, but some of the jackets I have bought during last year don't. Now I'm thinking if I should sell off some of those "I guess they're quite ok" jackets. I'm just so lazy at selling things. Unfortunately there's not even homeless people with 48" chests around here to whom I could donate some of my jackets...;)

About shawl collar, Yes I would say it has light wax on it. Although its very hard to say what has been done to it, but the difference is very evident when comparing to the inside of the cloth.

We have failed you if you are thinking to control the TFL effect, and I for one am not a quitter. Do not calm down, when in doubt, press forward blowing everything up as you move. Buy more jackets and enjoy it!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I am planning for at least two or three more Thedi when I go meet him, will also finally set the sizing for the green one (already paid but delayed by so many different considerations). Just need to wait for September and make the trip happen.

Otherwise, I would say that you have built your foundations, time to go hunt for more exciting stuff and push your limits ;)
Edit: more exciting stuff such as these Thedis you just got obviously :D
Also looking forward to your navy jacket :)

Jejupe

Practically Family
I am planning for at least two or three more Thedi when I go meet him, will also finally set the sizing for the green one (already paid but delayed by so many different considerations). Just need to wait for September and make the trip happen.

Otherwise, I would say that you have built your foundations, time to go hunt for more exciting stuff and push your limits ;)
Edit: more exciting stuff such as these Thedis you just got obviously :D
Also looking forward to your navy jacket :)

Wasn't it you who once said to me that the there's nothing to worry about addiction wise while I still have less than hundred jackets?

I am little worried where this trip will take me. If I follow your advice and look for something more exciting all the time, I will soon be wearing something like this:
11627413_7672630_480.jpg

philipp-plein-black-Leather-Jacket-crazy.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto