1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

My New Vanson Model B

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Jejupe, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Jejupe

Jejupe One of the Regulars

I wanted to share some new fit pics with my fellow loungers.

I bought a Vanson Model B from a netshop with intention of using it as a fit jacket for ordering a custom model b through Vanson (and returning this one), but as it turns out, I find this standard jacket to be better fitting than 90% of my excisting leather jackets. Feel free to comment, should I keep this one, or spend few hundred dollars extra to make some modifications with custom jacket?

As this is the first Vanson I have in my hands, I must also say that quality of it is really impressive and the comp weight leather is just superb!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JMax

JMax Practically Family

Jejupe, that looks great. I prefer a bit longer sleeves for riding but that is a personal preference. The jacket looks great on you. How does it look and feel without the hoodie?

3. red devil

red devil Practically Family

Looks very good :)

Jejupe likes this.
  4. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

What's there to modify? Looks great to me! The sleeves are just right.

AbbaDatDeHat and Jejupe like this.
  5. Sleeves would be too short for me but everything else looks pretty good.

navetsea and Jejupe like this.
  6. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Fit looks great. I prefer a bit more length in the sleeves. I think 1" additional and it would be perfect. This is just my preference though, fit everywhere else looks ideal. Good fit through the chest and shoulders body length is perfect.

Jejupe likes this.
  7. Jejupe

Let’s say that with (thin) hoodie it feels just a little bit too tight in soem places. Without hoodie it fits comfortably.

JMax likes this.
  8. Jejupe

I noticed the sleeves look little short especially in the first pic. I reckon that’s because I tried to bend my arms a little for the picture . I should probably train posing more...

I think this picture (in which the sleeves look longer to me) gives better idea of their actual length:

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Indeed. At that length it's a definite keeper. Not worth the extra $$ to go custom! Nice!

sweetfights, Jejupe and JMax like this.
  10. JMax

JMax Practically Family

Yes, the sleeves do look better there. I do not think that handing over some more money will improve the jacket enough to merit handing over some more money. It looks great.

11. Jejupe

Thanks for all feedback! Much appreciated. You confirmed what I already thought myself. This one’s a keeper!

Next project custom Vanson Gambler...

AbbaDatDeHat, ton312 and JMax like this.
  12. JMax

JMax Practically Family

Glad to see another FL member that worships at the Vanson altar.

13. dannyk

dannyk One of the Regulars

For the money Vanson is king. No they aren’t doing exact repros of vintage models. And don’t have quite the color, hardware and hide varieties as other makers; although recently they have gotten a lot better on this front. But for quality, protection, and cool factor it doesn’t get better than Vanson at that price point. By no means is Vanson cheap but considering 90% of their jackets are like 500-900 dollars who else offers that quality and craftsmanship at those prices?!

14. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat Call Me a Cab

How about pics with no hoodie and sleeves zipped? Looks sweet as it.
    Be well. Bowen

15. Butch_Coolidge

Butch_Coolidge Familiar Face

That fits perfectly. What size is it? Forget custom unless you’ve got some money to burn.

16. Guppy

Guppy One Too Many

I'd keep it. Looks like it fits very well.

17. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Looks good ......Keep it !!!

18. Bfd70

Bfd70 A-List Customer

Think it looks good. I have a stock Model B and for me the sleeve length to chest size ratio comes in a little long. I think thats where some customization comes in handy. I can work around the slightly long sleeves on my right arm because the sleeve zips so tightly. On my left arm (watch side) i can’t zip the sleeve all the way and it rides down a little too long. I’m hoping some more break in time will loosen that wrist.

Jejupe likes this.
  19. Jejupe

Here you go sir!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

navetsea, red devil, bn1966 and 2 others like this.
  20. Jejupe

Its size 48.

Butch_Coolidge likes this.