My New Wheels.....................

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by 31 Model A, Oct 30, 2014.

1. 31 Model A

31 Model A A-List Customer

Almost a done deal. I hope to have it in my possession next week. I'll post a photo again once that has happened, after that, it will go straight into storage until Spring.

109496.jpg

2. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nice. Very nice.

3. Congratulations!
    Geez, it stinks to live in an area with snow and be an old car collector. I would be out driving it all year long out here. :p

4. 31 Model A

Thanks all....................

It was on my bucket list which is getting smaller and smaller. It will set in my garage which is attached so I'll spend a lot of time behind the wheel over the winter and not go anywhere. LOL

I had looked at a 1929 Tuesday, almost identical to this 31, same paint scheme but it wasn't a 1931 which is what my heart was set on and, although it was in great shape, it wasn't in this shape plus the guy couldn't tell me all that info about the engine. Engine looked pretty though.................

5. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Don't forget to keep the battery in a safe warm place, and spread plenty of mothballs under the seat! Spring is just 140 days away.

6. Making brum, brum, brum noises and saving gas. :p

7. 31 Model A

LOL...............that's about right!!!!

Attached Files:

8. 31 Model A

Knowing my clumsiness, I'll probably fall getting in and out of the rumble seat and bust my head open before Spring.

9. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

I can relate to that. In bad weather I often back my old '48 out of the garage and to the end of the driveway, then just sit there and enjoy being behind the wheel for a while.

10. DesertDan

DesertDan One Too Many

What a beauty, congrats!

11. 31 Model A

I'm going to be like a kid again waiting for Christmas to get here.....and getting my first bicycle and then having to wait all winter long to ride it. As LizzieMaine reminded me, it will be a very long winter too.

12. Brum, brum, brum......errrrrrtttt :p

13. 31 Model A

Since she is a thing of beauty, I think I'll name her....Sarah. I've always liked that name and I didn't have any ex-wives with that name making the list other names a rather small one to chose from. Sarah is an old name and I've always associated it with a purity. It's origin is Hebrew and I think the comparison of ageless beauty fits in real well. It was a toss up between Sarah and Mariah. My great great grandmother was Mariah Louise Graham, nee, Pegram of the Pegrams of Virginia but for some reason when the name Mariah is mentioned today, everyone thinks of Mariah Carey. So I'll go with Sarah.

"Sarah \s(a)-rah\ as a girl's name is pronounced SARE-ah. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Sarah is "princess". Biblical: originally called Sarai, Sarah shared an adventurous nomadic life with her husband Abraham. She is described as being exceptionally beautiful even into her older years."

14. 31 Model A

Time is short, day after tomorrow is my first date with Sarah. I'm anticipating everything will go well. I will feel like a kid at a grade school dance where all the boys are on one side and all the girls on the other and wanting so bad to walk across and ask a girl to dance.

15. HOP UP

HOP UP Vendor

Nice !

16. 1930artdeco

1930artdeco Practically Family

Welcome to the 'A' club! You have a really sweet ride there. Head over to the Ford Barn if you are new to these cars. How are the brakes? If you are new to antique cars they are a lot of fun to drive around in, but they have there quirks. You may want to read '365 days of A' while you are snow bound. It is about a guy who works at Hagerty insurance who drove his 30 Tudor for one complete year.

Mike

17. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

I love that you've named her a fine Hebrew name like "Sarah." Take that, Henry!

18. 31 Model A

lol

19. 31 Model A

Thanks..........I'll give a after date report like we all did when we were kids. I have been searching for some reading literature to "edjamakate" me over the winter so I will have a look at your suggestions. I earliest car I owned was a 1948 Ford Sedan but didn't have it long. Only got to drive it once and I had to sell it, school was starting and needed the money for school. Later I had two 62 vettes, both were stock, one a 283 and the other 327 with it's original fuel injection system. That one had it's removable hardtop also but I didn't appreciate them as much as I will this 31.

I will drop in at the Ford Barn as soon as the marriage papers are signed, hopefully Wednesday.

Cheers...............

20. :rofl: I can hear him spinning in his grave like a lathe. :p