Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My newest from Art

sphughes

Familiar Face
I spoke to Art a while back and told him how much I liked the look of his Goodfellow LTD Edition. This turned into a typical conversation with Art that ended with me asking him to make me something unique based on this general concept. This worked out well because with the warm weather approaching, Art had the Dark Moss felt in Art-Lite. Some time elapsed and Art emailed me that he kept looking at the hat and trying to come up with the ribbon to finish it off. He sent me a picture of the hat with a Burgundy ribbon draped against it and his statement that though it was an odd choice, it seemed to work. Of course I told him to go with his instinct because I know zero about what goes with what (just ask my wife, she'll tell you how fashion challenged I am).

Seeing it in person and holding it in my hand I am now amazed at how good it looks. What an incredible hat!!! Here are a few pictures that will not do this hat justice. Thanks Art!!!

302430010_5WgHm-M.jpg

302430404_eepms-M.jpg

302431749_t3Ej7-M.jpg

302429339_4ered-M.jpg

-Scott

Yup, that's a real nice one, Scott. It's mysterious and amazing how the right something can call attention to itself without calling attention to itself. That hat looks like one of those somethings.

MAB1

Suspended
I love it because of the way it looks. And even more because it's, not a cookie cutter. It's a work of Art!

Too Cool!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hat--congratulations! I've learned when it comes to Art and ribbons just trust him.

Here's a question for Art. Are you still using the lightweight sweats with the lightweight felt? This sweat and another one I saw pics of recently are darker than the one I have, darker brown like the regular weight sweat you use.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for posting Scott!! It looks right on you and Thank you gents for the kind comments. This is one of those cases where my eye told me it was right, but it's sortof "out there" when compared to the norm.
Alan, in this case, because of size and shape considerations ( Mr. Hughes is a large long oval) I decided to go with the heavier sweatband to try to maintain the extra long oval shape better. Perhaps lack of faith on my part, but the featherweight sweats scare me with difficult head shapes.

BobC

Very nice, Scott! The colors look great together.

I sent Art a Panama Bob hat to reblock for me and got an e-mail from the USPS today saying it was being shipped back to me today. I am anxious to see what Art has done to it. Also, I hope to be calling him in a month or six weeks to talk to him about one of his amazing hats to cover my bald head this winter.

Great hat. Great colors.

blade runner

New in Town
Congratulations on a great looking hat. I like the funky color combinations he sometimes comes up with. I just initiated the process with Art. He is a great guy to talk to and I'm looking forward to working with him so he can create a work of art for me.

AlanC

blade runner said:
I just initiated the process with Art. He is a great guy to talk to and I'm looking forward to working with him so he can create a work of art for me.

That's "work of Art". ;)

I'm sure you'll love the hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points