Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Sefton FQHH A-2 - And Hi...

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
I had a massive argument in an Avirex stockist in London about their jackets. Their big ad showed an illustration of General Patton wearing a B3 jacket as he wore in service. I asked to see Avirex's version which did not have the leather sleeve coverings and was basically a sheepskin jacket with two pockets, similar but not the same as the B3 pockets. The only other thing was a generic label stating it was made by Avirex and was a B3.
I was standing in the shop wearing my old Lucky 7 Seven A2, looking for a replica of a B3, the 'boss' of the shop had no idea my jacket was original and I'm afraid told his younger assistant that the manager would be better off making tea and finding someone who knew a bit more about WWII and and leather jackets instead of trying to fob me off with a rather expensive poor imitation. Unfortunately he started laughing so I hope he didnt get the sack.

Avirex have never got the B-3 correct, always with two side pockets. I did once buy from Flip in Covent garden one of the A-2's that had the nose art on the back, think there was 2 types, 'Mighty Eighth' and 'Tantalising Take-off', that was before any UK repros were around but soon after I got one of those I discovered Ken's store in Battersea and all those original jackets and never looked back! It was all his and Dave Hill, the manager of The Pretenders, fault I got into this obsessive hobby that's still as strong 30+ years later!

MightyEighth

Familiar Face
OK. Sefton now sold, decided was too big for me.

Now looking for a quality A-2 in the UK and FAST! Need it for filming from 2nd April, which means can't risk delay of custom orders, and the only ones Eastman have on the rack in my size are nearly twice the price of the Kelso and Aero.

So, anybody on here UK based, have a size 36 Eastman, or 38 Aero or Kelso they fancy handing on?
Pref Russet, but will take seal for the right jacket and price.

MightyEighth

Familiar Face
So, I replaced the slightly baggy Sefton with a Goatskin Aero no-name 1756 - courtesy of Mr Black from this very forum...

AeroFB.jpg

Thanks to Mr Black for the lovely jacket at a good price, he sent nice detailed pics for me to make a buying decision and sent fast.

Better fit, eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats