Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Simmons Bilt Klondike in Black Goatskin

TheJuniper

Familiar Face
Thought I'd take some pics and post them before the weather gets too hot. My modified Simmons Bilt Klondike in Black Goatskin ... I took off the chest pocket, opted for a "plain" half belt back, and added zippers to the hand pockets. I originally ordered the sleeves way too long, and had a local leather tailor shorten them for me. All good now :)

I wanted a black button down leather jacket that I could layer, and wouldn't make me look like I was in the mob. This was my favorite option, and seems to be working out well. The goatskin feels nice and tough, but not too heavy. Happy with everything so far!

Fit pics below. Significant other insisted on the stickers.

WechatIMG1.jpeg WechatIMG62.jpeg WechatIMG63.jpeg WechatIMG64.jpeg WechatIMG58.jpeg WechatIMG59.jpeg WechatIMG60.jpeg WechatIMG61.jpeg

breezer

Practically Family
thumbs up for your fit pics - natural light - not a selfie - face blocked out - the most effective combo in my opinion.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thought I'd take some pics and post them before the weather gets too hot. My modified Simmons Bilt Klondike in Black Goatskin ... I took off the chest pocket, opted for a "plain" half belt back, and added zippers to the hand pockets. I originally ordered the sleeves way too long, and had a local leather tailor shorten them for me. All good now :)

I wanted a black button down leather jacket that I could layer, and wouldn't make me look like I was in the mob. This was my favorite option, and seems to be working out well. The goatskin feels nice and tough, but not too heavy. Happy with everything so far!

Fit pics below. Significant other insisted on the stickers.

View attachment 163709 View attachment 163710 View attachment 163711 View attachment 163712 View attachment 163713 View attachment 163714 View attachment 163715 View attachment 163716

Thanks for posting! A rare one indeed. I really have to say these Simmons Bilt patterns & collar shapes & triangle pocket stitchings are really really pleasing to the eye & outdo their “predecessors” in a major way. I’m going to order one now!

Can you take some close up of the goat? How would you describe it? Has a coating? Thick? Stiff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheJuniper

Familiar Face
Thanks for posting! A rare one indeed. I really have to say these Simmons Bilt patterns & collar shapes & triangle pocket stitchings are really really pleasing to the eye & outdo their “predecessors” in a major way. I’m going to order one now!

Can you take some close up of the goat? How would you describe it? Has a coating? Thick? Stiff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi regius,

I just snapped some closeup pics of the goat. I'd say it's lightweight, pliable, and tough feeling. Not very thick, which is why I ordered it. I believe it does have a coating, which is why it is a bit shiny now. Breaking in nicely too.

I had Debs at SB ship me several samples of their black leathers. Goat seemed the thinnest/lightest, so I went with that. Also had a nice grain to it. Hope this helps!

WechatIMG3.jpeg WechatIMG4.jpeg WechatIMG5.jpeg WechatIMG6.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff