Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My small collection

JCBurns

Familiar Face
Well, today I went to my favorite Antique store and picked up 3 more hats and it occurred to me that I seem to have a very bad addiction going here. Now some of you may remember that I first came on here back in March after having purchased 4 rather nice hats. At the time, I had only a few hats, all very low quality and nothing to write home about. Here is where I was at that time...
P1000793.jpg

In the ensuing months, I seem to have amassed a small collection. Damn good thing I'm not paying much for these or I would be seriously broke! Here is where I am now! I have included a listing below the picture of what is what.
P1000800.jpg

1st row consists of a 1 cheap walmart straw, 2 cheap BN fedoras, 1 cheap Walmart "gambler" and a Bond that was given to me.

2nd row..Knox 25, Dobbs, Royal Stetson Whippet, Royal Deluxe Stetson and (just bougt today) a Knox Tom and Jerry

3rd row...Resistol, Dobbs Game Bird, Stetson Gun Club (just bought today), and 2 Stetson OR's

4th row...Stetson straw, another Stetson straw, Bilmore Milan Torino, A Towncraft and a (just bought today) Stetson Playboy

5th row...Cheap self-modded Panama.

Not too bad since March! :eusa_clap

Oh and since everyone keeps telling me to post a pic of myself wearing something...here is a shot of me in the Towncraft.

P1000803.jpg

JCBurns

I wanna see more detail on the Tom 'N Jerry, please. It's my favourite hat, and the mst varied i think i've come across. No two look alike that i've seen so far. Mine has concentric stitching all around the felt. I know Dinerman's is completely different. And i once had another in my possssion that was totally different again. Here's the one i kept:

TomNJerry2.jpg

TomNJerry1.jpg

bk

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, It seems you have been hard at work. You have some wonderful hats there JC. The brown Playboy and the Tom and Jerry are grand. More pics please.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Nice collection.....Where do you find all these treasures? Seems like you had quite a good day today picking up some winning lids.....Congrats!!! :eusa_clap

JCBurns

Familiar Face
Thanks all, I try to only buy stuff I can wear, but some of these I just couldn't pass up, even if they are a little tight on me. The brown Playboy might have to either find a good stretcher, or be placed up for sale. But I figured if I couldn't wear it, it'll go to a good home to someone from here. It's in such nice shape that I would be afraid to put it up on OFAS and chance that someone with no respect would get it. I'll let you all know what I decide later.

BK and Douglas, I'll get more pics up tomorrow..seems that placing ones hats on the lawn for a photo shoot is akin to doing a rain-dance!

BJB...These have all been puchased at antique stores here in the Denver area. Needless to say I am on a first-name basis with a few places and when I walk in I am greeted with.."Hey it's The Hat Guy!" Which is better than how they greet me in other places! :D

And yes J.T., this is a far cry cheaper than some hobbies I have had!

JCBurns

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Heck of a start, JCB!

That's a very nice start indeed. I wish I could find some antique shops that carried hats, but so far I've found only one hat at all the shops I've been in. Well, one that fit me. I've seen about a half dozen hats. I've had to do all my shopping on ebay.

Enjoy them!

Tom

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Those are some very nice hats. I think that people will have better luck locating vintage hats in areas out side of the NY , LA metropolitan areas . This is because so many people are interested in vintage these days. I have found some great hats in place like Alberquerque NM and Ventura Ca where there arent so many vintage hat lovers.

Keep on looking !!

Steven
Bencraft Hats
:eek:

Duck

Practically Family
Very Nice!

Nice collection, JC. The Playboy and the Knox 25 (western look) are really great!!!!!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JC, I don't know what you're using for lawn dressing, but I want some! All I seem to grow is paspalum! lol

very cool collection. I really like the Whippet, the Royal Deluxe and the Tom N Jerry.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
You must be the Dinerman of Denver my friend. I frequent the vintage and antique places here and the only thing I have ever found is a moth eaten navy blue fedora. Congrats on the collection. Those are some mighty fine lids. :D

Regards,
Hollis

P.S. You must be the other "hat guy" that I hear about in those places. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21