Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My vintage suit and new hat and tie.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Finally got the nerve to wear a suit I thought was a little tight thanks to Roots post, my Summer Breeze with the new skimmer and John Wanamaker tie from ebay.

dan0046ut.jpg

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, the look is very nice! You know, the boater looks good on you!

The suit is very clean and the way you wear it makes it look early! The suit is vintage I can tell and is a killer!

As for the vest, it's nice, but one can tell that it isn't a match to the suit. Different color and a broader stripe.

Some men's clothing advice, I don't want to rain on your parade, but the vest clashes.

Over all, it's great!

Root.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Thanks guys

Thanks Root yeah I know the vest doesn't exactly goo I didn't wear it out just testin ght ethe first pic, When I was out it was just the suit no vest. Thanks again for the input everyone. :cheers1:

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Great photos!
As for the vest, try pairing that great suit with a sweater vest. Very Thirties, Early Forties. I've seen a lot of photos of Spencer Tracy, Randolph Scott, etc. with that look.
Looks dressy, but not stuffy.
I've even seen some vintage menswear advertisements that showed a sweater vest worn with a dbl-breasted blue pinstripe suit and it looked very elegant.
Congratuletions on scoring that outfit!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Very nice

I love the picture. You really look good. Ready for a movie role. The bouncer? How about the "old time" executive at the beach? A guy in the 30's on his way to the Yankees game at the stadium? Great look! Boatie looks good on you!

Nick Charles

Practically Family
suit

The label says ABC (arctic breeze clothes): the ABC's of summer comfort Paul Hayward, it's only lined in the front and the sleeves with a slight lining band between the shoulders.

dansstuff0548qq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points