Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My wife thinks I am crazy

EggHead

Practically Family
I have a very good wife (disclaimer!) -
The other day she said "You just bought 2 hats, another one is on order, why are you looking at more hats??".

:D:D

Feraud

Bartender
Tell her it is either hats or tigerblood..
Charlie-sheen.jpg

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
I have a very good wife (disclaimer!) -

She's looking over your shoulder right now isn't she? :D j/k

The other day she said "You just bought 2 hats, another one is on order, why are you looking at more hats??".

:D:D

Will the multiple pairs of shoes argument work here? My wife is thrifty, a tightwad and has common sense. It's hard to justify hat purchases with her.
:)

JimWagner

Practically Family
With my wife it's luggage. We have more luggage than we'll ever use. I don't bug her about that unless she's bugging me about (current obsession here).

fmw

One Too Many
My advice is to put her in front of the computer and have her surf for something that she wants. My wife recently got two new robes, pajamas, a spring jacket and a pair of shoes all in an attempt to even out the hat purchases. I don't think the cost of the hats was nearly as much, though. Good to have a happy wife. ;)

azhiker

One of the Regulars
Well, besides my hats, I have a knife, shoe, golf and boot fetish, hunt, and love guns! Oh yes, I'm on my 4th wife. Kind of like brown hats, I've never seen one I didn't want!

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
like was mentioned before, I just asked my wife why she had so many dresses and shoes....

She looked at me and smiled , said no more since then.

I don't question her buying and she doesn't question mine ....

I think I got a winner this time..... :D

PhilS

One of the Regulars
I sure identify with this thread. My wife has put up with so many different manias, some of which persist - like fountain pens, safety razors, manual typewriters, dictionaries, and hats. I like the advice to encourage her to identify and pursue a similarly crazy hobby of her own.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
this one's REALLY hitting home. my darling wife simply doesn't find my collections equitable to her frequent purse, jewelry, or clothes purchases. she just actually thinks i'm crazy, and would prefer me in a hoodie and baseball cap. I got the hoodie covered-- I just don't watch baseball!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot