Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Deerskin LW J24

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So this is it, another take on such a classic jacket. It is really interesting how the difference in leather changes the whole jacket. I know well yet it feels completely new.

The deerskin had a very nice weight to it, and drapes beautifully. At the same time it is not too soft as to be shapeless. It pulls off this pattern in style.

Speaking of patterns, as I alluded to earlier, it suits a surprising variety of body types. I had a few friends try it on and they all looked the better for it! It also distributes the weight of the jacket mainly on the shoulders making it a very comfortable jacket. Probably my most comfortable jacket to drive in, the others with stiffer leather can be worn, but quite often I just put take them off when getting in the car.

The worknanship comes with the expected - yes, it is expected with LW, we really are spoilt :D - flawless construction.

So here are some pics, I am still slightly heavier than usual because of the period, so the fit will get better in a couple of weeks or so :)

PV401Kg.jpg

WksgezD.jpg

YEy2FdR.jpg

fDBOrGD.jpg

1Kju9wp.jpg

yyyCDxO.jpg

CxYklMa.jpg

In a nutshell, if you can get a J24, do so.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Congrats!! The workmanship of Stu is outstanding as usual and the leather looks really nice even if I can’t see any navy blue undertones. The style looks different with all the „blingbling“ but interesting and fits into your amazing collection.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Whole - E - Cow! Or I suppose more correctly deer.
Great idea. The leather choice really does make it a completely different jacket. LWs version of that has been my favorite and I spent time lusting after it but decided I’d never get it 1/2 brokem in. This seems to have solved that problem. I’d love to see some zipped up front and back fit pictures.

Damn RD. That is rock and roll to the nuts!! I really like this one better than the dreadnought HH version. The drape and color. That is a bad ass mo fo fo sho.

SinSir

A-List Customer
Sweet jacket! Excellent choice on the deerskin! Rock the bling with your bad self, it looks great! I really like the drape.

regius

Ow that’s something! Very rare and I didn’t even know LW offers deer as an option? What’s the up charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red devil

Whole - E - Cow! Or I suppose more correctly deer.
Great idea. The leather choice really does make it a completely different jacket. LWs version of that has been my favorite and I spent time lusting after it but decided I’d never get it 1/2 brokem in. This seems to have solved that problem. I’d love to see some zipped up front and back fit pictures.

Will get these pics when I get the chance, here is the zipped up pic I have at the moment

YDdFR3A.jpg

Ow that’s something! Very rare and I didn’t even know LW offers deer as an option? What’s the up charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The deerskin upcharge is 20%

Great looking jacket! Is the navy deerskin as dark as it appears?

It's difficult to get an accurate picture and there is a variability in the way screens show colours, but I would say the second pic is close enough

The problem with very pliable leather is that the lapels don't really hold (had this issue years ago on a lambskin jacket). But givenmy experience with both the Trojan and courrier peacoat, I was expecting it would work. And it did exceed my expectations :)

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Looks great! Not gonna lie, I'm kinda jealous! Only thing that I think this could be even better would be slightly trimmer sleeves but I think has been discussed before and apparently these wide cuffs are historically accurate, so technically no flaw!

It looks really good! And fits you great. No clue if I'd ever wear this in public, even tho I know nobody really cares but the bling'd have me a bit overly semiconscious - but - really nice jacket nonetheless.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this hide, though. Can't imagine where it'll go with time.

red devil

Looks great! Not gonna lie, I'm kinda jealous! Only thing that I think this could be even better would be slightly trimmer sleeves but I think has been discussed before and apparently these wide cuffs are historically accurate, so technically no flaw!

The cuff zipper are fully open on the pictures, I find it more comfortable that way. They close tightly enough that wind would not get in if I were riding (not planning to use it as a riding jacket so I should have maybe had the sleeves slightly shorter after all)

It looks really good! And fits you great. No clue if I'd ever wear this in public, even tho I know nobody really cares but the bling'd have me a bit overly semiconscious - but - really nice jacket nonetheless.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this hide, though. Can't imagine where it'll go with time.

If you had it, you would probably fall in love with the pattern and get used to it, wouldn't you? As I mentionned at least one friend changed his perspective when he saw himself wearing it :)

Edit: typo

If you had it, you would probably fall in love with the pattern and get used to it, wouldn't you? As I mentionned at least one friend changed his perspective when he saw himself wearing it :)

No, it's the bedazzling that'd make me uncertain. The jacket I'd wear every day and twice on Sunday. :)

Logician

One of the Regulars
So this is it, another take on such a classic jacket. It is really interesting how the difference in leather changes the whole jacket. I know well yet it feels completely new.

The deerskin had a very nice weight to it, and drapes beautifully. At the same time it is not too soft as to be shapeless. It pulls off this pattern in style.

Speaking of patterns, as I alluded to earlier, it suits a surprising variety of body types. I had a few friends try it on and they all looked the better for it! It also distributes the weight of the jacket mainly on the shoulders making it a very comfortable jacket. Probably my most comfortable jacket to drive in, the others with stiffer leather can be worn, but quite often I just put take them off when getting in the car.

The workmanship comes with the expected - yes, it is expected with LW, we really are spoilt :D - flawless construction.

So here are some pics, I am still slightly heavier than usual because of the period, so the fit will get better in a couple of weeks or so :)

PV401Kg.jpg

WksgezD.jpg

YEy2FdR.jpg

fDBOrGD.jpg

1Kju9wp.jpg

yyyCDxO.jpg

CxYklMa.jpg

In a nutshell, if you can get a J24, do so.
RD you found the path to leather jacket Nirvana!
0Aoo6.jpg

red devil

RD you found the path to leather jacket Nirvana! View attachment 205076

I am still far from that state but I will do my best! :D

Still have quite a few ideas to make happen in leather jackets and also with LW :D :D :D

On another note, I was wearing the HH J24 yesterday, it is pretty much specced the same way (same measurements, main crown zipper, etc.) apart from the hide really. And it confirms the feeling of being a completely different jacket.

You wear 4oz HH, and you feel you're wearing armour, you feel protected, you can probably take quite few blows before feeling anything while you are laughing madly at your opponents.

You switch to the deerskin version and all of a sudden your pulse goes down, you are comfortable, embraced by the gentle deerskin soothing your spirit with its reassuring weight.

It's as if the music switched from some mad metal guitar riffs and the singer blowing your ears off to a soft relaxing tune with classical music instruments

Jejupe

Practically Family
It's as if the music switched from some mad metal guitar riffs and the singer blowing your ears off to a soft relaxing tune with classical music instruments

So you’re saying that when compared to music LW hh is irritable ear hurting noise and their deerskin is elevator music? [emoji12]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana