Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Officer Dress Blue jacket- how did I do?

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
Well, for those of you who at all recall my relatively few posts on here, I’m getting into putting together various service and work uniforms from WWII.

Even though Navy Officer service wasn’t near the front of the line for me, I came across what I think was an amazing find yesterday at a vintage store.

Have a look. I have no clue what era this is from; my cursory search online showed that it *could* be from or serve as WWII but you guys are the experts!

Anyway, I don’t think this thing could’ve been tailored for me any better, it is in almost new condition (small amounts of fraying on the sleeve ribbons/insignia and a few very small holes in the lining near the label where, I just realized upon second inspection and judging from their size/positions, I think a name tag used to be sewn). Other than that, looks straight from the factory.

Price paid:
$5

How did I do?
default_smile.png

image_from_ios.png

image_from_ios.png

image_from_ios.png

image_from_ios.png

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Lt. Big Brother, I would say you stole that jacket.

Not sure of the era, though. The J.G. stripes and the stars are not from the current era. Could be from WWII, or earlier, but not sure. If you did a search for images of WWII naval officers' uniforms, which you may have already done, you may see enough examples to either eliminate it as WWII or confirm that is the era it is from.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
It is post war due to the buttons facing right and not left and the color being more on the black side. At leas that is what my phone shows. Pre war-early war jackets would be more on the blue side, and the eagle would face left. That being said, without a tag with a date on it (NO NSN!) they didn't change much in 30 years other than the affore mentioned items. Either way it is a steal.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ