Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help, HAT GIVEAWAY!!!

jpdesign

Vendor
I have just delivered 6 of these hats to a store called Dean-Kingston, in Fort Worth. I need to come up with a name for this style. It is pure beaver with two inch brim with a hand created over-welt and a 1 1/2 inch ribbon.

a001.jpg

a002.jpg

a003.jpg

So, suggest names, I will compile a list and take it to the store owner and we will pick one. I will make a hat like this for whoever suggested the chosen name. I have to preface this be saying that at the current time I can only go up to a size 7 1/2 in this style, that is my biggest flange.

I will let the suggestions run through the weekend, and compile the list sunday night, I guess around 10 p.m., so that will be the cutoff.

Jimmy

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Yes!

As soon as I saw it I thought "Edward G. Robinson", So we're on very much the same wave length. But I think I like Cagney better.
Hey! Advertising gimmick: Buy one and get a free dirty rat!

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Could we have more than one suggested name, or is it one per member? :rolleyes:

I immediately thought of Cagney as well, but isn't there already a hat out there by that name? [huh]

bolthead

Because of it being Black in color with that color Ribbon, it looks very Classy....that being said. "The Soignee" -def: polished,well groomed, showing sophticated elegance. [huh]

DOUGLAS

The Getaway
The Speakeasy
The Stand-Up
The Pride
The Turn Around
The Feast
The Strait Up
The Gin Mill
The Negotiator
The Joint
The Operator
The Fort Worth Special
The Kingpin

GWD

One Too Many
The "Noir"

"Chi-town"

"Double Down"

"The Black Dahlia"

The "Jerry Mathers" it is Beaver Right? or "Theodore Cleaver" or "The Beave"

The Dark Knight

The Ritz

How 'bout the Park Lane? Yeah, I know, that's resurrecting an old car model name, but the Mercury Division of the Ford Motor Company "borrowed" it anyway, right? The name seems evocative of the era the hat kind of evokes as well, I think.

Nice lookin' lid, Jimmy, no matter what name it gets. And congratulations on getting it into a retail store.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Aside from the fact that someone can win an amazingly cool hat, this game is alot of fun. Thanks for including us Jimmy and now my wife will have another reason to hate my hobby. " hey honey is ........ a good name for the hat?" "how about ..........?" "honey, don't hit me with that skillet!" "OUCH!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana