Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need input on tall leather boots

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
I bought these Chippawa boots in 1983 and the lining rotted away a couple years ago. Their too small now too.
Anything similiar out therer?
TIA,
Duke

BARNES2.jpg

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
I'd stay away from Motocowboy. I've purchased their wares on two occassions, and in both instances, my $500 boots were of costume quality, nowhere near durable enough for use in the field or on a motorcycle. The 2nd order was a number of years after the first, and they messed up on my calf measurement, and made boots that would probably be loose on Lou Ferigno's calves, never mind my skinny legs. After bringing it to their attention, they only gave me $100 off, to put toward having a local tailor fix it. Not thinking about the relatively non-alteration friendly nature of leather, I naively accepted.

I've been toying with the idea of ordering some tall boots from pennangalan, but am leary about finding out first hand whether they're more a "boot" boot, vs. fashion boots. Some of their designs look pretty cool though. Something like this maybe? http://www.pennangalan.com/boots/FW902.php

4spurs

One of the Regulars
bespoke

The west is full of great bootmakers, get some made for yourself.

Just be certain to go to a small place where the guy who measures you is the one who makes the boots.

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Westco's are first class, heavy duty, for-real boots with lots of options. But base price is over $400.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda