Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Insight on vendor: WW2Sale.com

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Hello guys,
I am on the hunt for a WWII officer's uniform- I've been shopping online as well as in a few stores and flea markets.
There is a website, WW2Sale.com that offers the Officer's Uniform package (tunic, pants, garrison cap, and tie) for $299.
Sounds too cheap? Anyone heard anything about these guys? I know they are based in China but that could go either way....

filfoster

One Too Many
For Chinese made goods, that's a market price. The stuff looks similar to ANZ but I don't think it is. I bought a pair of insignia devices and they took forever and promptly broke off at the prongs. Pity because they offer some things like Kriegsmarine and other paramilitary things not offered elsewhere.

You didn't say what army. For US, What Price Glory or WW2 Impressions would be reliable. For German, I suppose the ANZ stuff at Hessen Antique would be Ok, although if you can afford Janke things, I'd go for the officer quality stuff Rollin now sells at Janke prices, at At The Front. Virginia formerly running her own business, On The March, now tailors his officer things and reputedly matches or exceeds the Janke quality. And, it's 'made in America' if that means something to you.

Last edited:

archbury918

One of the Regulars
I've been collecting for many years and have also turned to living history events as well.
In my opinion, no repro maker save for WWII Impressions come close.
There are still many originals out there, and for a uniform you will be happy with, you'll spend at least as much on a repro.
If a big size is the issue, contact Cadet Sales at Texas A&M University. Theirs are about as close as you can get without spending hundreds of dollars.
Also, join a reenactors forum. Many guys resell their gear.

Michael

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Thanks guys,
I do intend to keep hunting in the "real world"- ie, on foot, but the web sure is convenient!
I tend to wear a 42Long, so it's a bit tricky finding stuff that fits. However, I've been tracking auctions on eBay for things that would fit, and BOY, do people shell out the $$ for that stuff!

filfoster

One Too Many
Over 30 years of assembling mostly repro uniforms and equipment has taught me that you usually get what you pay for. The only 'bargains' I'd be comfortable with would be purchasing the used kit of a reenactor who was very committed to realism and authenticity. That only works if you are the same size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ