Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some help in identification, please.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Fellow Loungers,
The hat pictured below was my grandfather's dress hat. If I may impose upon you, I would appreciate some help in pinning down its age, and any other information that you may be able to give me on this.

I know that it's a Dobbs fur felt. The ribbon is 1 7/8" high, and the brim is 2".

The brim is turned under and stitched, which I think you can see, even if the picture is a little fuzzy.

The tag inside the sweatband appears to be glued in and is very, very faded. You can't see it in the picture, but it looks like it says, "F0108 Cotton" in the "style" blank and lists "steel" as the color. The size is listed on a separate tag as 7 1/8 (way too small for me . . . )

Thank you in advance for any information that you might be able to give me.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Thanks, everyone. I had initially thought it to be older than that, but I was pretty much shooting in the dark on the age. My grandfather wore his fedoras for years and years, but because this was his "dress hat," I have no idea how often he really got it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ