Nehru suit in LA

Discussion in 'Suits' started by kaosharper1, Apr 13, 2016.

1. kaosharper1

kaosharper1 One Too Many

Anyone know a tailor in the LA area who can do a bespoke nehru suit (not a tux, a suit)?

Thanks.

2. Awesomest Guy

Awesomest Guy Familiar Face

If they're good enough, any tailor should be able to, as long as you supply images of the style, etc.

3. Dirk Wainscotting

Dirk Wainscotting A-List Customer

Why is 'not a tux' specified? I've never known dinner jackets to be commonly made with a Nehru collar?

4. Rabbit

Rabbit Call Me a Cab

It was a late 60s thing. They did everything in matters of black tie, including the "formal Nehru jacket". Didn't look too formal, though, as you can imagine. I think there's an example in the BlackTieGuide.com site.

5. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

Any respectable tailor should be capable of replicating the Nehru. Alternatively, you might contact Uncle Onyango (President Obama's uncle) about buying or renting his genuine, original 100% pure virgin polyester LEASURE SUIT. This photo was from his DUI court appearance in Massachusetts a couple of years ago.
    article-2121204-125BB341000005DC-216_468x356.jpg

6. kaosharper1

kaosharper1 One Too Many

Moderators: I think this politically oriented response should be cut since, after the first sentence, it has nothing to do with my question.

7. Dirk Wainscotting

Leisure Suit. If you're going to mock that Soul Train suit, you have to get the spelling right.:p

8. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

I stand humbly corrected. Spellling was never a strong suit, and with the advent of autospell, there's been no improvement...

Didn't mean to offend anyone with the leisure suit comment and photo. I actually thought it was a great suit at the time of the hearing, and do so now.

9. Dirk Wainscotting

I'm not offended. You showed me something I didn't even know about.