Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero, 30's HB 2-Tone

pauleway

Practically Family
Here are pics of my new Aero 2-Tone 30's HB that I promised. Vintage FQHH brown with black trim. Black cotton drill lined.

2tonefrontzip.png

2tonebackcollardown.png

2toneback.png

1364495827540.jpg

2toneside.png

1364495811578.jpg

2toneopeninside.png

pauleway

Practically Family
Agreed. Relatively subtle and all the better for that. The inner pocket's a nice touch. Looks good on you, too.
I did not request the inner pocket welting to be 2-toned, but was pleasantly suprised when I first saw it. A bonus touch they threw in!

That's a cool jacket - and I'm sure it's better in person 'cause those pics are weird. Try some of the jacket too in a different light or camera. I dig the subtle job!

pauleway

Practically Family
That's a cool jacket - and I'm sure it's better in person 'cause those pics are weird. Try some of the jacket too in a different light or camera. I dig the subtle job!
Pics are from my daughters phone, best I can do. The jacket is a lot better in person - nice deep brown w/the black trim. Some of the pics have snow flakes in them but this is Western NY so its just another cold, wintery day. The good thing about our weather is I'll have plenty of time to break in my new leather!!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I really like the appearance and fit. The first thought that came to my mind was "subtle" before I saw what others had said.

schitzo

Suspended
That is an excellent length and a nice trim fit on you sir. Would I be right in assuming you have not sized up for this jacket?

majormajor

One Too Many
how are the arm holes. mine are too high, have to send it back.

You know, I often think that the question of armhole size is not sufficiently addressed by modern recreators of "vintage" styles.

As a collector of some quite old jackets, I have to say that many old patterns are simply unsuitable for modern wear. I guess we are, generally, a different shape, nowadays.

LVC are particularly guilty of this, but I think some of our leather jacket "recreators" should be more mindful of modern physiques when cutting patterns. A jacket that cuts under the armpits is a pain. A jacket that costs $1000 and cuts under the armpits is a very expensive pain......

Would it be too much trouble to publish armhole diameters - and to be able to specify what diameter was suitable for your particular fit?

schitzo

Suspended
MM's concerns are particularly apt for this model. I could manage a 38 - my true size - were it not for the armholes.

pauleway

Practically Family
That is an excellent length and a nice trim fit on you sir. Would I be right in assuming you have not sized up for this jacket?

Schitz - My suit size is 42 short, and this is a size 42 with the sleeves shortened(24" f/shoulder seam to end of cuff), normal 24" back length for this model!

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
"A jacket that cuts under the armpits is a pain. A jacket that costs $1000 and cuts under the armpits is a very expensive pain......"

tell me about it my pits are killing me!

pauleway

Practically Family
Thats a beauty, i like the 2 tone, never thought i would. how are the arm holes. mine are too high, have to send it back.
Armholes are OK. Jacket rides up a little when raising arms, but that is normal for this style. The only way to solve that problem is under-arm gussets, which Aero will not do, and would be historically inaccurate. The fit is perfect (with sweater) and fits like I went to Scotland and Ken measured me himself, I couldn't be more pleased with the fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21