Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero B-6... and Very Confused

Gibbs

New in Town
Hey all. I got a new B-6 directly from Aero that arrived today. Seal brown with seal trim. But the edges of the trim pieces are an extremely bright, contrasted color that I don't think I've seen on a seal/seal B-6 before. Not just brown, but so bright as to be almost orange. Even the stitching is that same color, whereas I thought the stitching on these was supposed to be olive(?). See the attached pics. Are they all like this and I've just never noticed, or is something off?

Attachments

• IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    790.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1424.jpg
    IMG_1424.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1425.jpg
    IMG_1425.jpg
    985.9 KB · Views: 219

Observe

One Too Many
I've seen B3 and B6 models from Aero with the same contrast stitching and edge colours on the trim as seen in yours, but it's not on all of them. Looked at stock photos from retailers and pictures from this forum. Must be due to your jacket specs?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've seen B3 and B6 models from Aero with the same contrast stitching and edge colours on the trim as seen in yours, but it's not on all of them. Looked at stock photos from retailers and pictures from this forum. Must be due to your jacket specs?

He’s talking about the russet brown core that most of us on the forum see as an aesthetic bonus/desirable vintage feature and the workwear crowd calls “tea” core.

@Gibbs this is accurate for most vintage jackets but especially the wartime ones. They tended to have a mid-brown core and a darker topcoat. This is why well worn examples (like the vintage one I bought off of Aero’s vintage section) show much of the core color.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Looking at the Aero webpage the pictured B-6 (in redskin) shows exactly the same stitching. I mock-customized a jacket and was asked specifically about the trim-color too.

From that I think it´s fair to say that your jacket is as it should be unless - of course - you specifically requested differing specs.

Two remarks: I think the jacket looks great as it is. Of course, the contrast between the "orange" and the seal will dim down a lot with wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk