Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Board Track Racing shirt in tumbled cordovan

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Off to pick this my jacket tomorrow, but Rachel very kindly sent down some pics for me - so here's a sneak preview. Fit pics to follow and a bit more detail, but just look at that grain and colour!

IXL

One Too Many
The jacket looks great and I really like the design. It will, however, be about the most expensive jacket you've ever purchased....after you buy the required motorcycle to go with it!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Ha, only once I've bought the Stirling bomber to match my Irvin. ;) You never know, when my mid-life crisis kicks in... at least I'll be kitted out for it!

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cheers! I think this is Julie's handiwork, but props to Murray, who took time to go through which parts of the cordovan hide that I wanted to use ie the most characterful stuff.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Very nice Craig ... looks like amazing leather and should break in really easilly.

A cafe racer jacket .. needs a cafe racer bike ... can I suggest a Triumph Thruxton for sir, a modern take on a classic bike :D

wdw

One Too Many
Having had the pleasure of fondling this very jacket on Friday during my site visit I can vouch for its lusciousness. The colour is fabulous. I look forward to the fit pics.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, gents, your words are much appreciated. It's tumbled FQHH, which means that while it's got the usual Horween bullet proof weight, it comes with the drape that's part of the jacket's look.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When you finally have that Pauline epiphany and realize that killing poor, defenseless animals simply to satisfy your monstrous vanity is a terrible thing and that you need to divest yourself of those shameful objects, I want you to remember one thing: I'm a size 38. Exactly. You'll feel better, I promise.

That's tumbled FQHH!? Oh man, sample they've sent me looks nothing like this! I'm seriously considering switching my order to tumbled now... Though, it might be too late. Either way, can't wait for more pictures. Also, Sloan, once the jacket arrives, could you please tell me if the sleeve zipper on the BR are longer than the standard ones Aero's using, because they certainly seem so.

And lol @ tropicalbob. Such reasoning actually got me a jacket one time!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Unless you've had your email of final confirmation of your order, you should be able to change your order without any problem. I'll ask Denny about the sleeves tomorrow when I'm over. You must also be hella persuasive if you got a jacket using that sort of reasoning...

I appreciate it, Sloan. Thank you. :)

Jacket in question belonged to an ex of a friend of mine, who didn't really want it around anyway, and her being an animal lover, it was only a matter of reminding her of the fact that they're killing poor defenseless animals in order to make these horrible things. :D Excellent Hein Gericke cafe racer. Still have it, how much I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points