Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Cordovan Vicenza 1920's Work Coat

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This arrived for me today. Its from Thurston Bros Featured Stock Page. Just looking for fit opinions, not 100% sure on it yet.

It will be colder weather coat for me and I did quickly throw on a thicker wool sweater under it for these fit pics to get an idea how it will look when layered under.

I must say I'm a little surprised how roomy it is for a size 40....I had assumed it would be more in line with the slimmer fit of the other premier range coats but its pretty roomy. I had to adjust the side cinches to the buttons at the back of the jacket or I'm swimming in it around the waist. Just curious if it looks a bit big to other people and if I should be thinking of sizing down.

? IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2470.JPG

Cocker

Practically Family
Depending on the fit you want. If you're looking for a relaxed fit, well, you should keep it. If you're looking for a more trim fit, you could easily size down at least one size.

I think you could go down a size and keep the lengths right where they are.... I suspect you'd still have some room to layer in a size down as well. To me the fit looks good but a size down would get you a more fitted/tailored look. LOVE the color. Is the wool at the lapels navy or black?

Reactions: A-1

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
This arrived for me today. Its from Thurston Bros Featured Stock Page. Just looking for fit opinions, not 100% sure on it yet.

It will be colder weather coat for me and I did quickly throw on a thicker wool sweater under it for these fit pics to get an idea how it will look when layered under.

I must say I'm a little surprised how roomy it is for a size 40....I had assumed it would be more in line with the slimmer fit of the other premier range coats but its pretty roomy. I had to adjust the side cinches to the buttons at the back of the jacket or I'm swimming in it around the waist. Just curious if it looks a bit big to other people and if I should be thinking of sizing down.

? View attachment 69210

View attachment 69211

View attachment 69212
I'd vote keep it. Looks great.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I have the same jacket though with a modified back. I had pretty much the opposite reaction upon first trying mine on ("too tight dammit!"). For reference, I'm about a size larger than you. Keep in mind, this style was originally a jacket for layering, so it shouldn't be as fitted as say a cossack. Also keep in mind sizing down will affect how it fits at the hem.

You could definitely size down to a 38, but I'm tellin ya, you're going to need to seriously break it in to make it comfortable. Mine fits good now, but it took 4+ mos of constant wear and abuse. Though maybe I'm just lazy haha

Reactions: A-1

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Smaller size would fit you too but this fits just fine, it's a question of personal preference. Overly tight coats don't look good in my very personal opinion, I think you look pretty damn good in this and would defo not want this jacket any tighter on me. This relaxed fit looks just right for this style to me. However I'll give the same advice as with the board racers; you have to feel comfortable in it, much more important than what other people's fit preferences are.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you could go down a size and keep the lengths right where they are.... I suspect you'd still have some room to layer in a size down as well. To me the fit looks good but a size down would get you a more fitted/tailored look. LOVE the color. Is the wool at the lapels navy or black?

The wool lining is a really dark Navy...very nice

Too big. I mean, it's not bad bad, not at all but you've some of the best fitting jackets on the board. The last photo is just not very flattering. The shoulders are too wide and the whole thing looks baggy. You deserve a much better fitting jacket. And yeah, I agree with the above comments that these can look extremely nice when trim.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I find it a bit big, and the sleeves are IMO too long.
Considering you live in sidney and will most likely never need to wear a very thick jumper underneath i would size down.

I agree with this statement. It's very nice (and unique colors indeed) but a bit large overall, even in the sleeves.

lina

Practically Family
Surprised this fits so large... The word seems to have been that it is a smaller fitting cut -- wondering if the measurements are off a bit. If so, then sizing down might get you smaller than you want. But hard to know, unless there is someone else with the same size who can compare actual measurements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot