Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Custom Half-Belt/"Selkirk" w-pics

pauleway

Practically Family
Russet Goatskin-Bi-Swing Back-Cargo/Patch pockets-Wind/Storm Flap-3 Season Cotton Berry-Brown Tartan Lining-Size 42 Short! (pardon the snowflakes)

DSC05510.jpg

DSC05514.jpg

DSC05513.jpg

DSC05518.jpg

DSC05517.jpg

DSC05520.jpg

DSC05523.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
Agree with Philalethes - Very cool - like the very complex back and side look. The last pic is amzing and give a very good impression of russet color.
Enjoy it and show us more pics after a few month of heavy wear...

53Effie

A-List Customer
Wonderful jacket Pauleway. The fit looks to be right on. I have that same lining in my Highwayman and I have enjoyed it. Is this jacket a relatively new design? I know you will enjoy it. Congratulations on a great choice.

pauleway

Practically Family
Wonderful jacket Pauleway. The fit looks to be right on. I have that same lining in my Highwayman and I have enjoyed it. Is this jacket a relatively new design? I know you will enjoy it. Congratulations on a great choice.
I just combined a Half-Belt with a G-1(M422A) and thru in a little "Indy"and came up with this design. Mark at AeroUSA has my original jacket on his sight (Sent back because of wrong color Goatskin) is calling it the "Selkirk". I made a few changes on this jacket like the lining and no throat latch, and I wanted the storm flap to start a little below the zipper. Love the cotton tarton lining and the fit is just how I wanted it. It's my new "Gamer"!!! Thanks for the compliments.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
There is nothing quite like designing a leather jacket that is uniquely yours. Your jacket is incredible looking. I think you will be very happy with it for years, not just because of Aero's quality, but because the jacket is almost a part of you, a design you came up with that is exactly what you want.

A few years ago I had Aero make up a halfbelt with patch front pockets in seal brown horsehide A2 leather. Pics are posted here

It took a while for them to get it right, but it is so perfectly fitted, and a little different than the standard A2 or Indy jacket (both of which I love, please don't think I am knocking them). I love it, wear it as much as weather allows, it is my "go to" jacket, looks good dressed up or down.

pauleway

Practically Family
There is nothing quite like designing a leather jacket that is uniquely yours. Your jacket is incredible looking. I think you will be very happy with it for years, not just because of Aero's quality, but because the jacket is almost a part of you, a design you came up with that is exactly what you want.

A few years ago I had Aero make up a halfbelt with patch front pockets in seal brown horsehide A2 leather. Pics are posted here

It took a while for them to get it right, but it is so perfectly fitted, and a little different than the standard A2 or Indy jacket (both of which I love, please don't think I am knocking them). I love it, wear it as much as weather allows, it is my "go to" jacket, looks good dressed up or down.

When I first heard of Aero Leather and contacted Mark I told him I was looking to "Build the Perfect Beast" and this is as close to having it as possible for me. Now I would just be happy to have someone posing with me in my photo's like some of yours. Hey maybe the jacket will bring me some luck!!!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
How does it wear compared to heavy FQHH? I'm waiting for a 1930s Halfbelt in russet goat. I can tell from your pics that I'm gonna love that hide.

pauleway

Practically Family
How does it wear compared to heavy FQHH? I'm waiting for a 1930s Halfbelt in russet goat. I can tell from your pics that I'm gonna love that hide.

I do not own any FQHH. I always have prefered goat because of the grain,weight, and durability factor. All I can tell you is the color is beautiful and the goatskin leather is thick and not too stiff, and I'm sure you will be very pleased. Not a lot of break-in time like I hear about the HH!

Edward

Bartender

Much lighter. I can wear my goat jackets in temperatures a few degrees higher than my fqhh jackets allow. Also much more 'flexible' from the off. Don't expect it to "wear" the same as horse, though - the goat will stay newer looking for much much longer. I don't see this as a bad thing myself, but it might be to those who go the such extremes as chronicled elsewhere to "break in " a new jacket!

Yep, they're two different beasts. Me, I'm more a HH guy. I do love the new goat from GW and my Aero cape, but in general, I prefer the way HH ages. It's a beast to break-in, but that's OK. The results are worth it.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. It certainly looks substantial. I'll be glad if it's a bit softer than the FQHH. I love the patina Aero's brown FQHH develops but I wouldn't mind if it was a tad less stiff than it is. That's why I went for goat this time.

Yours is a helluva custom jacket. Enjoy it!

Metatron

One Too Many
Beautiful, and it looks to be a colour which is faithful to vintage 1940s-1950s leather jackets. Well done, and thanks for making us aware of the russet option.

pauleway

Practically Family
Yep, they're two different beasts. Me, I'm more a HH guy. I do love the new goat from GW and my Aero cape, but in general, I prefer the way HH ages. It's a beast to break-in, but that's OK. The results are worth it.

Saw the pics of your new Deluxe Half-Belt and like it very much. Was debating on wether to get the patch pocket w/ hand-warmers like yours, but decided on the G-1 style instead. Yours are definately more useful in the colder weather when you want to use those hand-warmers.

Saw the pics of your new Deluxe Half-Belt and like it very much. Was debating on wether to get the patch pocket w/ hand-warmers like yours, but decided on the G-1 style instead. Yours are definately more useful in the colder weather when you want to use those hand-warmers.

Funny you mention that. I'm so used to jackets without warmer pockets that I forget it has them! What I really like is the big patch pockets that hold a lot. It was great traveling. I didn't get any internal pockets, so it's the top zip and the two big patched holders. Really a great jacket overall. And let me tell you - breaking in a new Aero FQHH in the cold is not an easy task. It was like I was wearing rawhide that day in Kelso, Scotland lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112