New Aero Hooch Hauler

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by jtavan, Feb 25, 2019.

1. jtavan

jtavan New in Town

Thanks to Carrie at Thurston, I've just taken delivery of a beautiful made-to-fit-me Aero Hooch Hauler in cordovan tumbled Chromexcel horsehide. I've attached a few pictures taken in poor indoor light - they don't really capture the depth of color in the leather, but give a bit of an idea. I'm very pleased with the jacket - the fit is very good (fit shots to come when I have someone available to take pictures for me), the leather is rich and interesting in texture, and judging by how easily the Chromexcel scuffs, it should develop some fun character quickly. This jacket fits very close to the body and has slim arms, which will definitely feel better with some break in. I'm looking forward to getting that process started!

IMG_6168.jpg IMG_6173.jpeg IMG_6174.jpeg

2. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Gorgeous!
    Congrats! Know you are ecstatic!
    B

3. Very nice design and style.
    Congrats

Stand By and TREEMAN like this.
  4. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Gorgeous jacket! That's a particularly dark brown batch of CLX right there. Wondered for a second which leather this was until I read CLX.

5. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

Easily my favorite Aero design around.

6. Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey New in Town

Beautiful jacket [emoji3590]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

7. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

Is it really CXL FQHH? Looks more like Vicenza in Cordovan colour.
    Very very nice looking appearance anyway! Really attractive!)

8. jtavan

jtavan New in Town

Definitely CXL. This is the tumbled style, which accounts for the surface texture. This is a dark brown batch of it, but in more normal lighting it's definitely cordovan red toned - just the right amount of red.

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  9. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

It looks so nice! Congrats!

10. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Stunning color and amazing looking leather grain.
    Another jacket that makes me jealous!!
    Congratulations!

11. seres

seres A-List Customer

Very nice! I like that tumbled CXL.

12. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Any chance to see a fit photo from the side, zipped? I’m concerned if the halfbelt balloons out or taper in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. welltailoredsuit

welltailoredsuit New in Town

I bought the hooch hauler in Black -- they're great jackets! Like you choice of footwear...

What kind of trouser goes best with the boots and jacket, aside from the obvious jeans?

14. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

This is a terrific jacket. It harmonizes well with boots.

15. jtavan

jtavan New in Town

Here are a few more shots. I'm very happy with how the front of this jacket fits, and I think it's an amazing jacket, but the back is not correct for my body despite asking for custom changes from the fit jacket. I asked for an extra inch in bottom circumference, added from the belt down. It looks like that was not nearly enough, and not tapered enough, to fit my hips and butt properly. It needs to flare a bunch more. Someone longer torsoed and/or smaller seated would probably fit this jacket better. This one may end up looking for a new home despite how I love the design.

IMG_0086.jpeg IMG_0090.jpeg IMG_0088.jpeg

16. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Thank you for the photos. I think the lower portion fits just fine, I’d be very satisfied with this fit, coming from my Hercules where the waist band section bulge out instead of cinch in. [​IMG] one may say the Hercules is a very different cut altogether, I may agree, because I owned two originals, & they were both “car coat” type fit, more like coat than jacket.

Sent from my iPhone

17. jtavan

jtavan New in Town

Sure - it's very wearable right now, and I think most people would be satisfied with the fit. That said, my wife is a custom seamstress and an absolute expert on how to fit clothes to bodies, and some of her pickiness has rubbed off on me. Any jacket that extends down past the true waist should nip in at the waist and then flare out below, and the specific amount will vary person to person. Aero did a very good job with this jacket cut in getting enough room for the shoulder blades and in keeping the fit close and arms high and tight for best mobility. It's just the back from waist to hem that isn't quite right for me.

sweetfights likes this.
  18. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

I hear you & that’s how I approach a jacket myself, except when buying from these vintage reproduction makers, they care more about period correctness, & whatever specimens they laid their hands on & took apart may well had not been a tailor made item. If your wife insists on the flare detail (which I totally agree), maybe you should show her my photo & tell me her reaction. ;) I do really want to hear her thought....

19. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Let her know that I do NOT have a beer belly.

20. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Beautiful jacket, but those flowers are to die for.