New Aero Hooch Hauler

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by jtavan, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Lone Starr

Lone Starr New in Town

Nice jacket and worth the $. It's brand new out of the box. You gotta give it some time. If you give it more wear, it will shape to you. The arms and shoulders are just right. Give it a chance.

Fonzie likes this.
  2. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Agreed, I think it fits you well already and can only get better.

3. jtavan

jtavan New in Town

Oh, I will. I'm going to keep wearing it until the weather gets too warm for it. But I don't think the back will loosen up with wear. It might scrunch up a bit and sit higher, I suppose.

4. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

It's amazing! :)

5. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

I been looking at the hooch hauler and came across your thread. I fell you have nailed the fit hard to do much better. Perhaps the back would flare out better below the waist if you let the waist straps out a tab? Looking good

6. jtavan

jtavan New in Town

Thanks - actually, you're right. Loosening the adjuster tabs renders it almost perfect. Half an inch shorter in the back and it would fit exactly right. Love the jacket, but it's been much too warm to wear it for months now.

7. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

if you wear your jacket mostly half zipped a little waist in and flare on the hip would look nice and give trim look, however if you mostly wear it unzipped, a little flare on the side seam would look exaggerated, if I would have another leather jacket I would choose to have straighter side seam and have the hip room shared by side panel and back panel only.

8. Nick Noon

Nick Noon New in Town

Hi, new to the forum but have been browsing threads for a while. I’ve just ordered the 44” hooch natura cxl that was on the sale page. Should have it here on Wednesday! So excited for this.

9. Nick Noon

Nick Noon New in Town

This beauty.... think it’ll darken off?

Attached Files:

10. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

Hello Nick - Welcome to the FL!! Congratulations on your new Aero! You'll love it, and I have found that it's very hard to determine the color accuratly based off thier online photos. I'm with you, I prefer darker Cordovans & browns to lighter. We'll be excited to see photos of it when it arrives...

11. Nick Noon

Nick Noon New in Town

Thanks a lot pal. Yes so excited to get this beast although it’ll be way too hot here in the UK to wear for a while, but I’ll still try a little. I’ll post up some pictures when she gets here. I’m not quite sure how to do a post though lol

12. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

That's even a bit easier. Just first set you camera to a low Megapixal setting, I have one set to 2.5MP for all online photos. Then when you have these uploaded, hit "reply" to this thread and Upload a file - browse to it on your PC, select and hit full size or thumbnail. I think the limit per post is 10 if I'm not mistaken. Heck, even I can do it - so can you! :)

13. ton312

ton312

Man that natural hooch has been on the sale page for quite some time. I was sorely tempted many times over myself. Great pick up and a really cool jacket for sure. Look forward to some fit pics.

14. Dbrn

Dbrn Familiar Face

Congrats, @Nick Noon ! I got CXL Hooch Hauler about a month ago and have loved all the (scant) opportunities to wear it so far. Don't know anything about how natural CXL might darken, but I hope you're happy with it!

15. Nick Noon

Nick Noon New in Town

Thanks my friend... just wasn’t sure if I could start a new thread / post or whatever it’s called ....
    thanks, yes excited to get that and I’ll post up some fit pics asap

16. Nick Noon

Nick Noon New in Town

Thanks, I can’t wait to get it! I’ll post up some images next week

17. Nick Noon

Nick Noon New in Town

Thanks a lot man, I’ll post some pics on the colour change

18. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

Looks superb-The wait for the brown box can become addictive.

Nick Noon likes this.
  19. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

I think you will be pleased with the development of this leather. I have some boots made with natural CXL and they have darkened into a rich bronzed brown color.

Dbrn and Nick Noon like this.
  20. Nick Noon

Nick Noon New in Town

Ok thank you my friend. To me this jacket doesn’t seem like pure natural because it is already darkened so I’m wondering is it actual natural or just a lighter brown, we will see

El Marro likes this.