New Aero Jean Jacket 557XX Type III

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Monitor

Monitor

This has been a good year. First Vanson comes up with the V7 and now Aero overhauls their Type-III to absolute perfection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RILO, Robson, ProteinNerd and 16 others like this.
  2. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

2017-the year of really, really sexy leather jean jacket repros.

El Marro likes this.
  3. Dav

Dav One Too Many

Thought I was done with the type 3, that one is seriously making me reconsider.

4. wdw

wdw One Too Many

Very nice indeed. A huge improvement on the old style.

5. Mickiemac

Mickiemac Familiar Face

That is really a stunning jacket. I want one. Now! Anyway, I checked the Aero site and there is no Type-III listed although there was about a month ago. Of course they do have those 'jean jacket' group of various leather/sizes available but I want one just like in the images posted by Monitor. I guess I could forward an image to Holly and see what happens.

6. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

That is a nice jacket, but I like yours MUCH better - the curved back seams, the rounded pocket flaps, the angled pockets (your cateye look), the zig-zag stitching, the parallel seams down the front, and the snaps.

And, just to prove my point, I just recited all these differences from memory. I was able to, because have spent so much time staring at your jacket.

I think I'm in love! ;)

El Marro, Monitor and sweetfights like this.
  7. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm considering reporting this thread and the other Trucker thread for containing "lustful" images!;)

RILO, Phil Silv3rs, ton312 and 3 others like this.
  8. technovox

technovox One Too Many

Dang it! Just when I thought I was all done buying custom order jackets.
    My bank account hates you Aero!

jonesy86 and Monitor like this.
  9. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

I love that contrast stitching, but unfortunately I don't like Type III jackets (in denim or leather. I'm holding out hope for a Type I or II. That would have me very interested. They are the next logical step back, after all.

Edward and Monitor like this.
  10. Monitor

Monitor

They've removed the one that was listed on the site because it was their previous model, with patch pockets, etc. This is the updated version that's currently exclusive to this other store as @Graemsay pointed out in my other jean jacket thread, but it's going to be available from Aero in Spring 2018.

I like this blue a lot but I'm still gonna go with black CXL.

[​IMG]

RILO, Mickiemac and technovox like this.
  11. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Okay, I don't know. I mean, it's a nice jacket sure, but somwthing puts me off. I think it's the shape of the chest pockets or maybe the buttons instead of snaps, but this jacket somehow doesn't appear as smooth in overall apperance to me as some other I've seen.. I think it's just the buttons. Snaps on chest pockets just look better imho.

12. Monitor

Monitor

Y'know... This blue guy is awesome and all but yeah, I hear you. I do too.
    I've had many jackets but this one's the closest to being a piece of art. Not only because it's so well made, designed, etc. - which it is - but the reason why I love it so is that it was a prototype, a test jacket that differs from what the finished product will be like, a sample that didn't need to be... Definitely not what I would've ordered but... It's like they've caught a small slice of perfection in it exactly for that reason... One that might be absent from the undoubtedly perfect finished jacket, I fear. Stupid, I know.

But I gotta get some of that blanket stuff for it!

Guppy likes this.
  13. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

Yeah, I agree, that blanket lining is cool. If you have it put in your jacket, would you still have enough room for it to fit?

14. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

very sharp detailing, just something about the concept doesn't appeal to me, like building wooden cabin with concrete but make it really look like wood, it's deceiving in blue with red tab. the black one looks better just my personal view.

El Marro and Guppy like this.
  15. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

I'd go for midnight blue over black CXL. It doesn't look much different, but I like the blue tinge.

16. Dav

Dav One Too Many

I quite like the idea of blackened brown with olive stitching, think that would look awesome worn in.

ButteMT61 and technovox like this.
  17. Edward

Edward Bartender

I'm not a fan of the Type 3 jacket, but I love looking at this as a piece of craftsmanship: I like how they've used the stitching and the blue leather to make it really look as close as possible to a denim type 3, but in leather. It's really clever as a design piece.

A leather TYpe 1 with a zip instead of buttons would be an interesting beast.

18. wdw

wdw One Too Many

I like this version just as it is now, and would buy it in a shot. What's that leather though, and how does it age? Any pics elsewhere?

19. Monitor

Monitor

Few more photos from Aero's Facebook page. I actually don't know what this leather is, sonofastag store says on their Instagram that it's vegetable tanned horsehide so I assume Vicenza? But I'm not sure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RILO, jonesy86 and technovox like this.
  20. wdw

wdw One Too Many

Thanks @Monitor. These new pics show how much the contrast stitching really pops. I'd definitely take that option.