Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Jean Jacket 557XX Type III

This has been a good year. First Vanson comes up with the V7 and now Aero overhauls their Type-III to absolute perfection.

Frontredone.jpg

Backredone.jpg

chestredone_1.jpg

Lining.jpg

Label_1.jpg

Label_2.jpg

image002.png

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
That is really a stunning jacket. I want one. Now! Anyway, I checked the Aero site and there is no Type-III listed although there was about a month ago. Of course they do have those 'jean jacket' group of various leather/sizes available but I want one just like in the images posted by Monitor. I guess I could forward an image to Holly and see what happens.

BobJ

Practically Family
This has been a good year. First Vanson comes up with the V7 and now Aero overhauls their Type-III to absolute perfection.

Frontredone.jpg

Backredone.jpg

chestredone_1.jpg

Lining.jpg

Label_1.jpg

Label_2.jpg

image002.png

That is a nice jacket, but I like yours MUCH better - the curved back seams, the rounded pocket flaps, the angled pockets (your cateye look), the zig-zag stitching, the parallel seams down the front, and the snaps.

And, just to prove my point, I just recited all these differences from memory. I was able to, because have spent so much time staring at your jacket.

I think I'm in love! ;)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I love that contrast stitching, but unfortunately I don't like Type III jackets (in denim or leather. I'm holding out hope for a Type I or II. That would have me very interested. They are the next logical step back, after all.

That is really a stunning jacket. I want one. Now! Anyway, I checked the Aero site and there is no Type-III listed although there was about a month ago. Of course they do have those 'jean jacket' group of various leather/sizes available but I want one just like in the images posted by Monitor. I guess I could forward an image to Holly and see what happens.

They've removed the one that was listed on the site because it was their previous model, with patch pockets, etc. This is the updated version that's currently exclusive to this other store as @Graemsay pointed out in my other jean jacket thread, but it's going to be available from Aero in Spring 2018.

I like this blue a lot but I'm still gonna go with black CXL.

son-of-a-stag-aero-type-3-jpg.92868

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Okay, I don't know. I mean, it's a nice jacket sure, but somwthing puts me off. I think it's the shape of the chest pockets or maybe the buttons instead of snaps, but this jacket somehow doesn't appear as smooth in overall apperance to me as some other I've seen.. I think it's just the buttons. Snaps on chest pockets just look better imho.

That is a nice jacket, but I like yours MUCH better

Y'know... This blue guy is awesome and all but yeah, I hear you. I do too.
I've had many jackets but this one's the closest to being a piece of art. Not only because it's so well made, designed, etc. - which it is - but the reason why I love it so is that it was a prototype, a test jacket that differs from what the finished product will be like, a sample that didn't need to be... Definitely not what I would've ordered but... It's like they've caught a small slice of perfection in it exactly for that reason... One that might be absent from the undoubtedly perfect finished jacket, I fear. Stupid, I know.

But I gotta get some of that blanket stuff for it!

BobJ

Practically Family
Yeah, I agree, that blanket lining is cool. If you have it put in your jacket, would you still have enough room for it to fit?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
very sharp detailing, just something about the concept doesn't appeal to me, like building wooden cabin with concrete but make it really look like wood, it's deceiving in blue with red tab. the black one looks better just my personal view.

Edward

Bartender
I'm not a fan of the Type 3 jacket, but I love looking at this as a piece of craftsmanship: I like how they've used the stitching and the blue leather to make it really look as close as possible to a denim type 3, but in leather. It's really clever as a design piece.

A leather TYpe 1 with a zip instead of buttons would be an interesting beast.

wdw

One Too Many
I like this version just as it is now, and would buy it in a shot. What's that leather though, and how does it age? Any pics elsewhere?

I like this version just as it is now, and would buy it in a shot. What's that leather though, and how does it age? Any pics elsewhere?

Few more photos from Aero's Facebook page. I actually don't know what this leather is, sonofastag store says on their Instagram that it's vegetable tanned horsehide so I assume Vicenza? But I'm not sure.

23244218_2109479952402073_7849248192512999498_n.jpg

23376143_2109479995735402_6895434750527152499_n.jpg

22780222_2087900881226647_2334398230383433791_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff