Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Pre-War Irvin

wdw

One Too Many
My latest acquisition arrived today, an Aero Pre-War Irvin, size 40. standard lengths. I've no real interest in accuracy, but gather from comments on here from those much more knowledgeable that Aero has upped their game on their sheepskins, so I'm happy enough with that.

There's obviously strong competition from Aces High, but he's dearer with a much longer delivery. Aero's only 40 miles from me and I know from much personal experience with them that they will absolutely 100% do what it takes to get things right, and very quickly too, so it's risk-free to me.

I doubt if I'll wear it that much, as it's so temperature dependent, but I've always lusted after one and would always have regretted never having one. Before receiving it, I was nervous that the sleeve lengths might be too short, as that's something I just can't live with, but I'm delighted with this. Thanks to Bertie for a great job.

Last edited:

Deacon211

One Too Many
That is a damn nice jacket! I love my ELC, but out of the box it's definitely much bulkier. Yours looks much more trim and stylish on you at the outset.

As to temperature, I would think it would be perfect in the damp, cold climate of what I imagine Scotland to be...at least that's the way it is in the movies!

Wear it in good health.

Deacon

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks guys. Otter, the zips are silver and say WaldeS. I don't pretend to know or care what the significance of that is.:)

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow! Lovely Jacket!! & what a great fit too...you wear it well. Reminds me of my ELC BOB; when we had that beastly long cold winter a couple of years back the Irvin saw lots of action pretty much every day. I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of it, last year saw an exceptionally mild winter...I'm hoping for colder this year.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Luvly jubbly!

Aero have really hit their straps now with their new Irvins.

Good fit too. Now you just need to wear it and get some good patina going on. Don't baby it BTW, good repro Irvins look far, far better if you give them the hard treatment. You'll end up with a jacket that looks like a WWII original ;)

wdw

One Too Many
Ok, Otter, here ye go. My camera's not really up to this, but I've done what I can. I've darkened the second pic and increased the contrast so that you can see the pattern better. WaldeS is written next to the leather pull, but you can't really see it with the naked eye, it's so subtle. Looking at Griff's pics, his zips seem to be brass too, whereas these are a dull silver colour.

Damn, this is beautiful! Excellent everything! Congrats! Though it's one jacket I don't have guts to wear.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Excellent stuff, and a spot-on fit. Great to know that you have in time for the weather. I do think you'll get much more wear out of it than you think. I thought initially that it would only work in the coldest of weather, but the new Aero shearling isn't as thick as the old one, which makes it much more flexible. Welcome to the club!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk