Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Sea Biscuit half-belt

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Ken very kindly sent me a sneak preview of a new Aero design. It's a repro of the half-belt that Toby McGuire wore in the film Seabiscuit. The collar and cuffs are spot-on.

TobeyMaguire seabiscuit 1930 costume.jpg

pawineguy

One Too Many
Nicely done, another beautiful half belt option. I like the angle/location of the chest pocket also.

But Sloan, you need to get out in the sun more.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I love the collar. I also like it that the sewn on halfbelt is placed rather low(an issue which has been discussed here very recently I believe?)

The set-up of the three back panels irritates me though, even though I cannot clearly say why. I just feel they have done better looking HB backs with this three panel feature before, e.g. the Original Hercules. This is a matter of personal taste ofcourse and the differences are probably intentional to offer more options and styles to us customers, which I value and understand. Still, not my cup of tea.

Also, I wish they could syntonize the seam of the yoke and the sleeves. And in before, all this is meant solely meant to be honest helpful and constructive feedback. I love my Aero jacket, I will buy again and I hold the Calder family, especially Holly, in high regard.

Also, I wish they could syntonize the seam of the yoke and the sleeves.

I agree; I always wondered why's it not all done in a single line, like on most vintage jackets, and it is also the reason why I never went with the back yoke on an Aero jacket, even though I really like the look of it. How wide is that collar, do you know, Sloan?

zebedee

One Too Many
It's very similar to one of the Highwayman variants with a sort of chest yoke. I'd imagine that it'd be easy for Aero to do it working from an existing pattern.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The collar's bound to be the source of a difference of opinion. The great, loopy collars of the late '60's and early '70's always seemed to me to be a sort of a silly "wild and crazy" thing, a kind of Mannerism, while that collar on the Aero jacket nicely complements the design. Then again, I'm a big fan of the Rockafella.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ