Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Teamster

wdw

One Too Many
This is my second Teamster after I stupidly got rid of my first one on a whim. It's black FQHH with an unfastened inside pocket (thanks to Fanch for that idea a couple of years ago). Another great job by Julie, who's made most of my Aeros, so many thanks to her.

The main change is that I ordered it with Sunburst pockets, as I always felt that the standard handwarmers were no good for storage. This simple change now means I can get my big LG G4 (iPhone 6 plus size) completely inside and hidden with no chance of falling out. That little thing makes me like the jacket even more.
Teamster3_zpsyyojymmx.jpg

Teamster4_zpsry3xxyaw.jpg

Teamster5_zpsov9nukvo.jpg

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Very nice. That pocket style looks really good on the Teamster. Out of this jacket and your Maxwell, which do you think will get more wear?

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks guys. I imagine this pocket style could become popular on the Teamster, as it has the body length to allow deep pockets.

Jaegernaut, I reckon the Teamster will get more wear now, because it's a little better suited to all year round because of the length and now that I have these pockets it just feels a lot more practical. I love them both though and will definitely hang on to them both.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Eric you fine tuned your Teamster to perfection. I think I came up with the idea of the unfastened inside pocket just after Craig's unfortunate auto accident while wearing his LHB that caused the snap (popper) to show through the FQHH. One of my few original ideas, although I suspect someone else thought of the idea before I did. My Teamster is by far my favorite cold, foul weather jacket. Congratulations on your re acquisition. :thumb:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Eric if I lived where you do, I would also have at least one Stockman which is probably the ultimate cold/foul weather coat for where you reside. As a summer jacket, you need (want) a Sheene which is another brilliant Aero design. Right now, if I were allowed to keep only two jackets, the two would be my Teamster and Sheene. ;)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice. The pocket design suits the lines of that jacket beautifully. If you don't mind my asking, how did the Aero folks respond to your idea? Did you get the chance to go down there and work it out with them?

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks again for the nice comments guys. Much appreciated.

Bob, I simply emailed Denny to ask if the pockets were a possibility and he said yes. No big deal at all.

I must admit, I think this simple design change makes a huge difference in practicality and I couldn't be happier with it.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Not much to add except congratulations. Fit looks superb and the pockets are a very nice change. Shows that Aero does have an open mind, when the changes make sense and don't yield a "Franken-Jacket."

Dav

One Too Many
Great looking Teamster, wdw. Nice touch with the pockets, I was thinking of upgrading my old phone and hadn't really thought about the new one not fitting in pockets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112