Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Akubra color "brown olive"...

carter

I'll Lock Up
Maybe a Campdraft for Christmas...but...

Has anyone looked at the Akubra Federation Deluxe IV vs the Stetson Nostalgia?
Right at $140.00 US for either hat. Shipping from Australia is just nort of $37.00 US.

Federation Deluxe IV in heritage fawn - dimensional brim (2 1/2" sides, 2 3/4" front and back)
fed4del-heritagefawn-large.jpg

"Open Crown"
Crown height is 5 5/8ths inches. Made from an original wooden hat block set which have not been used for over 35 years.
The brim is dimensional cut to 2 1/2" on the sides and 2 3/4" front and back.
The brim flange is a little flatter than the previous Federation model and will make styling the brim easier. Made from Akubras Heritage Grade felt. (their best rabbit fur felt)
The leather sweat band is a higher quality leather, specially processed for these hats. It is softer and less prone to drying out and shrinkage compared to the regular Federation. It makes up a proportion of the price increase over the regular Fed.
The Deluxe undergoes further finishing over the normal Heritage range resulting in a much smoother finish than the previous model.

Stetson Nostalgia in Caribou
TF320C0324.NOSTC-2.jpg

Sovereign Quality fur felt
Open crown
2 1/2" brim
Leather sweatband
Satin Lining

carter

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
I'm already committed to 3 hats for christmas, none of them mine.:eusa_doh: lol

How 'bout that Fed IV Deluxe. How long could that package sit under the tree 'til the fat man comes down the chimney?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
How 'bout that Fed IV Deluxe. How long could that package sit under the tree 'til the fat man comes down the chimney?
It would be best to not have one under there cos i ain't going through what I went through last year!:eek: lol lol lol

carter

I'll Lock Up
When does that tree go up?

indycop said:
It would be best to not have one under there cos i ain't going through what I went through last year!:eek: lol lol lol

I'm certain someone could send a "DNOTC" package your way this fall. hmmm....

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Too late, you have already corrupted me and MADE me order a silverbelly Campdraft tonight!!shakeshead

It's ok if you tell Dee it's my fault. I have broad shoulders. But we both know the truth, don't we? :D

Carter, I have a Fed Deluxe IV in heritage fawn and it is a very nice hat. I want another one in moonstone, and now they're talking about a Campdraft in a brown olive color. I don't own any modern Stetsons, but the Nostalgia is a very interesting looking hat. My list keeps growing and growing and...:eek:

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I just got a note back from Hats Direct...Only the "Tablelands" comes in that color....No Camp Draft in that color yet....[huh] ...but who knows...?...
So now I wait for my Silverbelly Camp Draft to arrive...IC...You and I should be getting ours about the same time...:D

carter

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
It's ok if you tell Dee it's my fault. I have broad shoulders. But we both know the truth, don't we? :D

Carter, I have a Fed Deluxe IV in heritage fawn and it is a very nice hat. I want another one in moonstone, and now they're talking about a Campdraft in a brown olive color. I don't own any modern Stetsons, but the Nostalgia is a very interesting looking hat. My list keeps growing and growing and...:eek:

Bob, Can you post a photo(s) of you wearing your Fed Deluxe IV? I'd like to see what it looks like on someone before I order one.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
Bob, Can you post a photo(s) of you wearing your Fed Deluxe IV? I'd like to see what it looks like on someone before I order one.

Here you are, sir. I posted this one just the other day in the what hat are you wearing thread.

IMG_0343.jpg

Mine is bashed with a center crease, but it is not pinched as tight as some of the other guys wear theirs. I asked Ron at Hatsdirect if he would crease one with a C crown and he did try but he said the hat did not hold that crease well. I guess it's more suited to a center dent. If you want to see more, let me know what you'd like to see and I'll do my best to get them up for you.

carter

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Here you are, sir. I posted this one just the other day in the what hat are you wearing thread.

IMG_0343.jpg

Mine is bashed with a center crease, but it is not pinched as tight as some of the other guys wear theirs. I asked Ron at Hatsdirect if he would crease one with a C crown and he did try but he said the hat did not hold that crease well. I guess it's more suited to a center dent. If you want to see more, let me know what you'd like to see and I'll do my best to get them up for you.

Thanks, Bob. Could you also post one from the front?
I'd like to get a better idea on the brim as well as that center dent.
Do you think it would hold a C crown or a diamond crown better with the judicious application of some stiffiner? I had a regular Fed that held a Diamond pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points