New Arrival - Schott #582

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by westportrich, Feb 8, 2021.

1. westportrich

westportrich One of the Regulars

Just received my new Schott #582. I had purchased the #375 recently and love it so much I wanted another (of the same style, cut, measurements, etc.). Just wanted to bring these babies to folks attention. They are both unlined (but they do have lined sleeves). What I really like about these unlined jackets is that they are nicely fitted...Meaning they aren't boxy/puffy. They give you a nice slimming look and they are substantial enough that unless it's freezing out you'll be warm enough. They are very nicely made and they are of very good quality. Perhaps not 'refined' enough for those wanting every stich to be perfect. They are 'users' the type of jacket you can wear every day and throw it around and just enjoy it. Sorry, as I'm having trouble loading pics today...but pics are easily available on the Schott site and elsewhere.

2. Gnipgnop

Gnipgnop New in Town

I'd be interested in your thoughts about the #375. I've been looking at that and the Duke 370. Wondering what led you to chose that jacket and how it fits, etc...
    Thanks--

Pandemic likes this.
  3. westportrich

370 is the predecessor to the 375. The advantage of the 375 is that it has lined sleeves which make it easier to put on and take off. In my view, they run a tad large. I'm 6' 180 and the Medium is a great fit. I originally bought the large and had to send it back. I really love both of these. They have a nice weight to them (without being overly heavy). For me the beauty is it's simplicity...I'm not into zipper pulls and all that stuff...These are old school. They look cool on your body cause they aren't boxy...but alternatively because they are unlined they are more fitting. I've owned Aero's, Eastman's, Norshor, Customs, etc. and some how these two are my keepers!! If you need additional info please ask.

4. Pandemic

Pandemic One Too Many

This one is also on my radar!

5. Gnipgnop

Gnipgnop New in Town

Thanks for the response. If you have any pics, that would be great. The sizing info is also helpful. I'm closer to 5"10 and 165 so I'm assuming the medium on the 375 would be fine. Are you able to wear it with some light layering (shirt/light sweater)?

Pandemic likes this.
  6. westportrich

At 5’ 10” and 165 the Medium will allow for layering. I’m 6’ and 180 and I can wear a sweater under it. You might even be a small. I’d order the medium and Schott will exchange if needed with no charge.

Pandemic likes this.
  7. Gnipgnop

Gnipgnop New in Town

That's great, thanks.

8. westportrich

here's the 375 Roughout (I don't usually wear it with a bathing suit!!!)

Attached Files:

• 375.jpg
      375.jpg
      File size:
      358.5 KB
      Views:
  9. Exiton

Exiton New in Town

I've got more leather jackets than I care to admit too, but recently got the 582 used off ebay. I must say that I'm impressed as it's nice, heavier leather. I've got the 3 other Schott unlined jackets (including the unlined Schott x Restoration Hardware collab) and I agree having the sleeves lined help. I'm a medium or 40 vintage in all my leather Schott jackets, and the 582 in medium is flattering but not overly tight. I'm sure the suede version really conforms to you. Great call out!

Pandemic likes this.
  10. westportrich

45B3557C-A591-4593-86DE-42CBEDED4FB0.jpeg

11. westportrich

Here's a pic of the Schott #582. This Jacket is terrific!

12. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Familiar Face

@westportrich

do you have more fit pics by chance. I’ve been looking at this jacket for the last year and can’t decide if I should pull the trigger

13. westportrich

Pull the trigger buddy you’ll be happy. Let us know if you are.

14. David Hilliard

David Hilliard New in Town

It looks so different in colour in that picture compared to the ones on the Schott site. Love the style and look of this model though. Really hovering over pulling the trigger on one. I have a 135 and looking for something lighter. Does it stain your shirts ? Being unlined and all.

15. westportrich

No problem with staining. Zero problems.

David Hilliard likes this.
  16. David Hilliard

David Hilliard New in Town

Cool. Thanks. if you have more pictures,that would be great.
    Also I’m in the market for a nice used Leather Jacket if anyone is selling