Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New but old school

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Just wanted to say that these jackets look and fit like the 1920's only the fabric is 1/4 the weight.

Now if they would only make it in Navy with the giant regatta stripes.

http://www.polo.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1921414&cp=1760781.1760816&nav=lhn&parentPage=family

pPOLO2-1828608_standard_dt.jpg

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Lol, I was about to make a post in that other thread about how RL polo also has several summer suits which look alright.

I checked out these jackets and their linen and seersucker suit separates and overall they look really good with a trim fit through the shoulders and waist, nice buttonhole details on the sleeves and nice material. The one thing which put me off though was the lapel widths. I don't know why but RL seems to have gone back to 1999 with their skimpy lapels which just look wrong on the suits for some reason.

They could have had a really classic, timeless look but ruined it by trying to "update" it to be more contemporary and trendy.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Sorry to have mislead you Mr. D-
I don't own any of them but I will when I can afford to.
Their pants in the same fabric along with these jackets would make a nice '20s/'30s suit. There are subtle differences in their jacket ranges that would suit '10s to '30s-
I like the 'Fitzrovia' too-
They're expensive but very stylish and there aren't really many alternatives to this vendor for style and philosophy. I like that their clothes are 'Utilitarian from the Obscure Past' type thing-

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21