Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Buzz Rickson Tanker Brad Pitt Fury

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is the new Buzz winter combat jacket. Same as the one worn by Brad Pitt in his upcoming movie Fury.
img63009746.jpg

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
WWII Impressions is advertising that their products were worn by all the main actors in the movie "Fury." I guess not Brad Pitt's tanker jacket.

However, I couldn't seem to find any information on this particular version of Buzz Rickson's tanker jacket.

- Ian

zhz

Practically Family
Well, it not necessarily to be the one worn by Brad Pitt, any correct pattern and patch would do the job I think.
And, I can't find this Buzz jacket as well. I tried their website, rakuten, google etc...no information at all...

WWII Impressions is advertising that their products were worn by all the main actors in the movie "Fury." I guess not Brad Pitt's tanker jacket.

However, I couldn't seem to find any information on this particular version of Buzz Rickson's tanker jacket.

- Ian

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
zhz "Well, it not necessarily to be the one worn by Brad Pitt, any correct pattern and patch would do the job I think.
And, I can't find this Buzz jacket as well. I tried their website, rakuten, google etc...no information at all..."

Noted.

I may very well have misinterpreted what Blackadder wrote. Of course, you're absolutely right about the using the same pattern tanker along with the same patches and placement...and, then you have a jacket just like the one worn by Brad Pitt in "Fury."

- Ian

Blackadder

zhz "Well, it not necessarily to be the one worn by Brad Pitt, any correct pattern and patch would do the job I think.
And, I can't find this Buzz jacket as well. I tried their website, rakuten, google etc...no information at all..."

Noted.

I may very well have misinterpreted what Blackadder wrote. Of course, you're absolutely right about the using the same pattern tanker along with the same patches and placement...and, then you have a jacket just like the one worn by Brad Pitt in "Fury."

- Ian
Oh I mean it was the same pattern as the one used in the movie. I found this one on Rakuten under Buzz patch pocket tanker.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/br3113/
The tanker is a rather loose fitting jacket so I normally wear xs but the smallest size made by WW2 Impressions is 38.

Last edited:

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Oh I mean it was the same pattern as the one used in the movie. I found this one on Rakuten under Buzz patch pocket tanker.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/br3113/
The tanker is a rather loose fitting jacket so I normally wear xs but the smallest size made by WW2 Impressions is 38.

I understand.

Well, it's a good looking tanker jacket, regardless. I clicked on the link and looked at all of the pictures of it.

- Ian

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
I understand WW11 Impressions supplied all the Tanker jackets, Buzz will most likely have seen the movie details and decided to copy it (no doubt at a very high price!). I have one on back-order from WWImpressions hopefully they will have made more before too long.

CBI

One Too Many
Yes, WW2 Impressions is the maker for the movie. Its possible BR was invloved as well of course. The first pattern will be back in stock (at WW2 Imp0 in a few months. They are currently taking orders or you can do a notification for one to let you know when they will have one in your size. There is a great side-by-side comparison with a WW2 Impressions Tanker and an original (a link on the Ww2 Imp site). They look like great copies and considerably less than BR.

bentusian

One of the Regulars
WW2 Impressions has recently started shipping out pre-ordered 1st pattern tanker jackets.

And they also offer 'Fury' accessory kit for your own customization, which includes 2nd armored patch, rank insignia of your choice (Sergeant, Technician 5th grade or Staff Sergeant), extra fabric for reinforcements and even the grenade safety pin for zipper pull.

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/newusarmywintercombatuniform.html

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I had one of the WWII Impressions jackets for a few days and can attest they are extremely well made with excellent materials very well bolted together. It didn't fit me well, though, so I got rid of it. My jacket (42R) fit wide and short, i.e. huge chest and shoulder measurements, but short sleeve measurement.

Here's another Fed Lounge thread on tanker jackets:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?11484-Tanker-Jackets&highlight=tanker

CBI

One Too Many
WW2 Impressions now has them in stock for $200. They expect to sell out quickly.

Ironically, I had one on order but passed on it as I am fine with my second pattern tanker.

Blackadder

I have a Pherrow's type 2 tanker, so decided to buy the type 1 this time. My Buzz costs less than the WW2 Impressions and in any case WW2 impressions only offers size 38 and up, so no go for me.

Blackadder

I had one of the WWII Impressions jackets for a few days and can attest they are extremely well made with excellent materials very well bolted together. It didn't fit me well, though, so I got rid of it. My jacket (42R) fit wide and short, i.e. huge chest and shoulder measurements, but short sleeve measurement.

Here's another Fed Lounge thread on tanker jackets:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?11484-Tanker-Jackets&highlight=tanker
Tanker jackets are made very wide and short, so I guess the repros are quite true to the originals except the Real McCoy's ones which as usual are slimmed down. I usually size down to get a slimmer fit but this time despite sizing down my Buzz is still very wide. I am slightly shorter than 5'6 and the length is just right. Thinking of trading in the Pherrow's for a Real McCoy's type 2 tanker.

thor

One Too Many
Nice jacket, but for me any rank insignia (like staff sergeant stripes) is a no-go. Plus I'm a Navy vet :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk