Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Coat to go with my New Hat!

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Found this coat for $20 at a thrift store the other day. Thought it would look great with the new hat I bought recently. The girlfriend decided I should take some pics and share them with you. So here they are.
gangster.jpg

gangster2.jpg

gangster3.jpg

I guess its as close to a private detective look as I will ever get.

Chad

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
You look like you mean business with the hat at that angle. When The gang met and Hollywood in a recent get together, Hatflick1 mentioned that in the 50's you'd see alot of the tough guys wearing their hats that way.

Good find, tell us more about the coat.

shamus

Suspended
great pics, I like the last one too.

The only thing you're missing is a dangling cigarette and some dame slapping you across the face....

Oscar Tong

Familiar Face
Phew!

Wow! You look like you mean business, Chad! Your five o'clock shadow lends itself well to the pictures. The second picture is my favorite. Now, all you need is a source of wind, either a dark night with aging, failing street lamps or a moonlit night, and perhaps some fog, if you know what I mean. ;) (Hey! Maybe you could earn some extra income by posing for the covers of new hard-boiled novels!)

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Thank You!

Thanks to all for the kind words.
The coat is not all that old. I can't believe I got it so cheaply. The tag says its a size 38 Regular. Its is made by Towncraft and is distibuted by JCPenney.
Its navy blue in color and comes with a zip out fleece lining! I can't wait until winter so I can wear it. I also got another coat. I will get pictures of it. Its not too old either, but it is older than the overcoat. This one is a tuxedo coat with long tails. It fits me perfectly except the waist on it is short. Its navy blue with shiny black peaked lapels. The tag says "After Six by Rudofker". Another tag says "Kaufmann's Pittsburgh". Yet another tag says "Almalgamated Clothing Workers of America--Union Made Suit" and has a stamped number "291521" on it.

Any info on this coat is appreciated.

Chad
I will get a pic of it today I hope.

shamus

Suspended
Another tag says "Kaufmann's Pittsburgh".

Kaufmann's in Pittsburgh was a higher end department store. I'm not sure if they're still there or not. I have a couple of Kaufmann's things. Maybe even a hat or too.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Richard Greico is a new one! And just when I thought I had heard them all. Apparently I look like alot of people. Just not myself!? haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112