New Conformer/Conformateurs For Sale

Discussion in 'Merchants' started by ChavanneWoodWorks, Nov 3, 2021.

1. ChavanneWoodWorks

ChavanneWoodWorks Vendor

Hey everyone,

I joined the Fedora Lounge forums to promote my new conformer that I've been working on for a few months now. I've seen the newer 3D printed and plastic conformers that have been floating around, but wanted to bring back the beautiful wood aesthetic that we've all seen in the antique designs. I started this project after the conformer my wife owned was slowly falling apart due to it being close to 140 years old and didn't want her to have the eyesore of a plastic conformer amongst all of her beautiful hardwood tools. If anyone out there is interested I am now selling this design of conformer/conformateur. PXL_20210511_170607549_3.jpg PXL_20210511_170446109.jpg

2. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Third thread on this?

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  3. ChavanneWoodWorks

ChavanneWoodWorks Vendor

Seeing that you've commented on this before. I'm assuming this is a pretty small or large but inactive community?

4. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

It is very active but mostly by collectors/fedora enthusiasts....only a few hat makers here and most don't have a bricks and mortars storefront. So a full blown conformateur, even though beautiful, is not something that would be a fit for us hat makers. You would be more effective, I would think, contacting those hatters that do deal with the walk in/face to face trade.

5. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

This community is fairly small, very engaged, and pretty active among the Membership for this site. To add to @belfastboy's comment, we have a handfull of hatters here, and maybe two additional handfulls of folks who like to dive into repairs, conversions, etc. from a hobbiest's perspective (that's me).

You are doing beautiful work, don't get me wrong. My previous comment (regarding the price) was a personal observation - too rich for my blood, LOL. Given the engagement in this community, however, starting three threads on the same subject is a bit of overkill around here. As I indicated, we're pretty engaged, interested, and most of us visit the site several times a day. I know you're trying to sell a product - and I wish you much success - but starting several threads on the subject strikes me as beating us over the head with it. If your thread drops down in the queue, just go in and type "bump" or some such and it will bubble back to the top.

6. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Don’t be discouraged, @ChavanneWoodWorks.
    Without a doubt your work is functional artwork of a seldom seen hat making tool. I think we all would love to have one whether we build hats or not. As such it naturally deserves a premium price.
    Hopefully you will stick around and maybe expand your efforts into other hat making hand tools that are hard to come by.
    Also, you might want to add some contact info on your profile page such as any web presence on social media. Photos in an album might help your efforts as well.
    Welcome to the Lounge.
    B

Frunobulax likes this.
  7. ChavanneWoodWorks

ChavanneWoodWorks Vendor

Awesome! Thank you for the advice. Just seeing the same people comment again on the post I had the thought of what you just mentioned of spamming a small community. My only forum reference is the woodworkers subreddit with a few 100,000 members so posts get hidden within a few hours. Poking around here I'm learning people continue post conversations for years.

Frunobulax likes this.