Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Cury Especial

rayk

Familiar Face
I just received a new Cury Especial that was recommended to me by a friend and fellow forum member. This was an Ebay offer that I picked up for the BIN price of $69. This item, due to my less than expansive knowledge of hats, would have been neglected had its merits not been pointed out to me, and I would have lost out on a very nice as well as unworn hat. It is a cm or two too small, but I'm sure that Art will make everything okay. :)

While I'm a hat lover, I'm not what I would describe as a collector, so I have more than an adequate number of hats. I've told myself that I should, if for no other reason than space constraint, slow my hat purchases to replacement, retaining a flexibility to buy something VERY special. I just keep buying the damn things, though. I've begun to get "the look" :mad: from my girlfriend each time a conspicuously shaped box arrives at my door. How ever do you guys continue to collect, yet remain in the good graces of your wives. Hat storage is space intensive, and can be an expensive addiction. It won't be long and I'll have to dedicate a room for my hats. Let's hope that I still have a dedicated room for myself :D

Also, how do I control the size of pictures that I include in my posts (not the resolution but the frame size)?

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG6.jpg

Wow! That is one big image you have there. I am not sure what program you use to edit photos but in Adobe you pull down the image menu and go to image size. The image size can be adjusted there. Most programs have this feature located somewhere. Pixels make a difference too so try to get the pixel width and height below 200 each.
So give us a review of the hat. :cool: How does it feel and what is the finish like? It looks to be a decent hat.

Regards to all,

J

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I fixed it

I edited your post to reduce the size of you photos.

When you upload your images, try to only use smaller photos. The big ones fill the screen.

I used ACD See 4.0 to resize the image, uploaded it, and then replaced your big image with the same, but smaller size.

;)

rayk

Familiar Face
Andykev: I had ACD See but somehow deleted the program. Those pics are far less obtrusive. I've been using freeware programs, and, I guess, you get what you pay for. Thanks for the head up.

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by Zohar
Rayk:

www.gimp.org

Free, and open sourced.

But, YOWZA, it looks complicated to download. It looks like a good program "for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring", but I think it requires a moderate-high level of computer savvy. If all you want to do with photos is resize them, Microsoft's "Paint", which comes with most Windows packages, does the job. Open the photo in Paint, then click "Image"-->"Stretch/Skew", and you can resize by changing the dimensions in %. You can even check the size by clicking "Image"-->"Attributes". Easy enough for a guy like me. :)

David

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Agreed

I checked out the link, and the download procedure, builds, stable version, etc. Yikes. I know something about computers, but this one scared me.

I recommend the ACD See programs..I use it to store and display, print , etc. all my photos. You can edit, red eye, adjust, colorize, sharpen....all of that.

You CAN't do serious photo work like you can do with professional dedicated editors like Adobe Photoshop, or the like. The one I use for example won't allow you to do serious photo editing, like putting the face of one person on the body of another...

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Re: Re: Agreed

Originally posted by Canadave
Is this it - "ACDSee 6.0"?

http://www.acdsystems.com/English/index.htm

Was it 49.99?

D

Yes it is. I have version 4.0

Today I tried to download the free update offered to registered users (me). It crashed and I was unable to do it. So I reinstalled the program from my disk. Works fine again.

I paid $49 for the program. It is WELL worth it. I don't know how the upgraded versions are. My "update" was supposed to load faster and use less memory, but the one I have works so fast now, I don't want to goof around with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran